Saint-Raphaël Travel Guide

Saint-Raphaël Things to Do

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo
    mending the nets

by domenicococozza Written Sep 24, 2007

St Raphael has two harbours - the modern port of Santa Lucia and the ancient fishing port.
    We took in both on a pleasant afternoon stroll. We found the ancient port far more interesting as it's stll a working fishing harbour.

• domenicococozza's Profile Photo
    la plage

by domenicococozza Written Sep 24, 2007

St raphael and its neighbour, Frejus share a wonderful stretch of golden sand beach.
    We had been driving all round Europe, and a day on the beach is just what the doctor ordered.

• Saint-Raphaël Hotels

32 Hotels in Saint-Raphaël

25 Reviews and Opinions

Saint-Raphaël Hotels

Saint-Raphaël Restaurants

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

by ilovespain Written Feb 3, 2006

After checking in at Hotel Excelsior, it was already well past 1PM. I was hungry and knowing that a lot of restaurants stop serving lunch after 2PM, I had to hurry. Walking around the old port, there are McDonald's and a lot of fast food restaurants. Because of the Christmas/New Year holidays, quite a few of them remained closed. Finally I found this pizzeria. Their daily special caught my eye -- spaghetti with mussels. The restaurant is not very big, there are no more than 10 tables. Most people were having pizzas (no merci). I did not have a hearty breakfast that morning so I was ready for a big lunch :0)). I had the fish soup to start. It was very rich and tasty. The plate of spaghetti must have at least 25 mussels on it. I am not a big fan of mussels (never like to dirty my hands), but for once I enjoyed the mussels very much -- fresh, plump and cooked just right. Overall it was a very good lunch. I highly recommend this restaurant. Rating: 9 out of 10.

• ilovespain's Profile Photo

by ilovespain Written Feb 3, 2006

My last day in St. Raphael, since I went east to Port Santa Lucia the day before, I thought I would go west this time. It was a good 20 minute walk along the beach to the town of Frejus. I started scouting for a restaurant for lunch. Right across from the tourism office, this restaurant seems to fit my criteria (from the menu posted outside, and my own "table cloth" indicator). I had a seafood carpaccio to start and fettuccine with scallops to follow. They were both excellent. I gave it a 9.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Saint-Raphaël? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Saint-Raphaël Local Customs

• draguza's Profile Photo

by draguza Written Apr 4, 2009

Blessed with wonderful surroundings that have inspired the greatest perfumers (or « noses » as they are known in the business) to create legendary perfumes, the Côte d’Azur is widely recognized as the world’s leading aroma competitive cluster with an unrivaled concentration of expertise in fragrances, food aromas and fine chemistry.

The Côte d'Azur perfumes and fragrances cluster is firmly established in the region around Grasse, the perfume capital of the world. The cluster is the industry's secondlargest employment basin in France and accounts for 50% of its domestic revenue.

Instant Answers: Saint-Raphaël

Comments

Saint-Raphaël Travel Guide
Map of Saint-Raphaël