Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Shopping

Most Recent Shopping in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence

Finding Something Warm to Wear

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 27, 2010

A very pleasant shop!

Arriving to find a morning chill in the air, we saw that we were not dressed for the weather the day we visited St. Remy. Since it was very early before the shops had opened, we toured the town for some time before seeing doors open and people welcomed inside.

I was thrilled to find a shop ready for business and offering something warm to wrap around my shoulders. The shopkeeper was more than helpful and brought my attention to several colorful shawls which she expertly draped on me.

After selecting a shawl, I happily purchased it and left the shop feeling better dressed for the weather! Unfortunately, we could not find a men's shop where my hubby could find something to ward off the cold. Fortunately, the sun came out after a while and transformed the chilly morning.

I've lost the card containing the name and address of the shop on it, but you'd have no problem finding women's clothing here, because there were a number of stylish shops lining the streets.

Boulangeries in Town: Bread of Life

by VeronicaG Updated Apr 27, 2010

It seemed every passer by carried one or two loaves of french baguettes in their arms. As you see from the picture, that is primarily what you see neatly stacked in the bins.

I understand that the bread sells out quickly by morning's end, so partakers generally pick up their day's portion early since it tends to harden before day's end.

For the Sweet Toothed

by VeronicaG Written Oct 11, 2009

Pastry Shop

As the town began waking up and people drifted through the streets, the shops opened their doors for business.

St. Remy must have a collective sweet-tooth because we saw many patisseries or pastry shops lining the town's streets. This particular shop offered fresh baguettes of bread and sweet confections. Often you'll find a separate shop for breads and pastry.

Of course, we had to sample some of the confections so we scanned the glass case filled with sugary treats and selected a cream-filled pastry to share (pic #2). It was absolutely scumptious! I don't remember what it cost, but whatever....it was worth the price.

• Joel Durand Chocolatier: Alphabet Chocolates of Joel Durand

by brenns Written May 20, 2006

What to buy: Look out for their famous alphabet chocolates that people make a bee-line for just immediately when you open the door at the entrance. The boxes ranges from small to large. Also, you may find chocolate on sticks as well as other chocolate sweets. They do sell chocolate caramel and chocolate butter.

What to pay: Expect to spend from 30 Euros to 50 Euros for the average tourist.

Instant Answers: Saint-Rémy-de-Provence

Comments

Saint-Rémy-de-Provence Shopping

Reviews and photos of Saint-Rémy-de-Provence shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint-Rémy-de-Provence sightseeing.

View all Saint-Rémy-de-Provence hotels