Saint-Tropez Sports & Outdoors

Most Recent Sports & Outdoors in Saint-Tropez

• Knee Boarding

by reeka Written Aug 19, 2005
    One of the gang

Knee boarding was offered toward the end of the week as a bit of light hearted fun.

It was surprisingly difficult to get a good position on the knee board, and then having to pull yourself up on to your knees whilst the boat is pulling you.

Once on the board its great feeling the force of the waves whilst being pulled at speed.

Equipment: Boat, rope, and a knee board.

Its a lighthearted sport, but is harder than it looks.

• Water skiing, Take 2

by reeka Updated Aug 19, 2005
    I can do it!! yippeee

I decided to let a couple of people go ahead of me, to see how it was done. Just before my turn I had a horrible thought, that the water would be freezing (I hate the cold!!), all I was wearing was my swimming costume. As I jumped in the water felt beautiful, even at 8 in the morning. I can still remember the warmth of the water now.

We were told to sit in the water with our knees to our chest whilst holding on to the rope. This was easier said than done, for me anyway, the others made it look quite easy. However, I just could not stay like that, I kept drifting to me left side, then to my right, whilst the instructor kept telling me to keep still!!! "Well, I would if I could", I tried to yell, whilst gulping water.

When finally I did manage to hold my balance and get the rope, I got up on the first go, I admit, I didn't stay up for too long, but it showed me how to do it, and the subsequent turns I managed to get up and stay up for a good length of time, even managing the bends and veering side to side!

And afterwards we had a well deserved breakfast at one of the marina's cafe's.

Lovely!!

Equipment: As Tip 1

• Water Skiing

by reeka Written Aug 19, 2005
    that IS me!

As I had never been water skiing before and was quite nervous as doing so, however, I was in a group of people who had not done it either, so I felt ok.

Beforehand on the shore we got a short demonstration on how to hold onto the line when being pulled up by the boat.

It was on the third day that we finally got the chance to have a go due to the previous days being too rough in the bay.

Equipment: We did not have to worry about bringing equipment as it was all arranged for us already. I also would not know a place in the area where the equipment could be hired. Although, I'm sure along the coast of the bay there will be hire shops, or to find the information centre in St. Tropez.

A pair of water skiis, a boat and one of those rope thingies (sorry, do not know the correct terms). Also a buoncy aid.

Instant Answers: Saint-Tropez

Comments

Saint-Tropez Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Saint-Tropez sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Saint-Tropez sightseeing.