Annecy Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Annecy

• gagastbarth's Profile Photo

Alpin: Savoyard Touch

by gagastbarth Written Jul 21, 2015

L'Alpin was recommanded to us and we loved it!

Inside it looks like a little chalet, really cosy, the food is mostly "Savoyarde".

I had the Reblochon Feuilleté and it was huge and delicious!

My friends has the Savoyard trio, a nice taste of local specialities!

The porcini fondue was really good too as well as the gratin de crozets.

The service was efficient and fast, we had a great time there.

Please book in advance as it is a small place!

Favorite Dish: you will not leave the place hungry!

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

Café des Arts: Café des Arts

by mindcrime Written Dec 18, 2014

Café des Arts is one of the numerous small cafés in Annecy, it’s located on a side street -not far from Palais de L’Isle- and we liked the fact we could be away from the noisy main street that usually get packed with tourists (ok, not in winter). But as expected it was packed inside so we couldn’t enjoy the colorful interior so we decided to sit outside on the picturesque terrace and drink something hot of course (it was cold in early January).

The waitress brought the menu fast but then we lost contact for about 30’! We called Houston but the satellite didn’t have good signal that day and then yes, a miracle ladies and gentlemen she came and asked us if we are ready! We were freezing actually so I wonder how I managed to open my mouth at the end. At least we had lot of time to check the menu, most prices are high even for a touristic town like Annecy (obviously there are other much cheaper bars) but the setting is nice.

We had a hot chocolate (2,10e for small cup, 3,30e for big) that calmed my nerves, a cappuccino (3,60e) and some kind of tea that was served with cinnamon.
    They also have cold coffee(3,90e), espresso(1,70e), soft drinks(3,10e for cola), lemonade (2,80e), tomato juice (3,60e).

Not much to eat there apart from croissant (1,80e), small breakfast (7e for coffee/croissant/orange juice/toast/ jam/butter), sausage with pickles/butter(7,5e) or a cheese plate (6,70e) which may be nice if you go there for drink, I noticed they serve paulaner beers (3,10e for 25cl), bottled beers (3,30-5,40e), wine (2,90-4,60e) etc

Caf�� des Arts Caf�� des Arts Caf�� des Arts

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

les Tables: Savoy Specialities

by GentleSpirit Updated Sep 19, 2014

The restaurant is a small place located right off one of the medieval gates (the one with the clock) on a street with plenty of restaurants. The decor is simple with decorations that i would reckon were what farmers had. Tables were nice and there was plenty of room between tables with enough light in the restaurant and no problems with loudness.

note- I am not certain that the staff speaks more than minimal english. it was not a problem at all though.

As per value- This was a set menu. Price was 18.50 euro. Very comparable to restaurants around the area and quite filling and enjoyable all in all. Good value

Favorite Dish: Menu Savoyard

Robochlon Pane- breaded cheese on a salad with cashews and a dab of chocolate. The cheese was excellent and the cashews and chocolate lent a very nice contrast in tastes.

Tartiflette- you will see this in a lot of restaurants here, its one of the regional specialties. To be honest I was a slight bit disappointed at first, though by the end of the meal by opinion of it had changed quite a bit. The dish is a simple one of cheese, potatoes onion. heavy on the cheese by the way. You will want to use the bread to mop up the cheese. At first it seemed like mostly cheese and hence was rather unexciting, but as you went along you tasted more and it was quite enjoyable. VERY filling by the way

there was a lovely dessert with a small chocolate pastry (heavy on the chocolate) with a nice yellow sauce and whipped cream.

the restaurant offers an aperitif as well, i didn't try it.

• gwened's Profile Photo

La Taverne du Maître Kanter,Annecy: traditional mountain alsacien at annecy

by gwened Written May 7, 2014

I do runs by there usually eat on the outiside of the city but this is a chain we like here in FRance and never disappointed so nice a place here and good food. La Taverne de Maître Kanter is Alsacien in origins but the food adopts some dishes to the local environment.

Open every day for lunch from 12h-14h and diners from 19h-22h30, nice terrace overlooking the quai Perréire.
    Great in summer.

Favorite Dish: un salade de chévre chaud for entréé and a nice ,burgers alsacie, moules à la mariniéres,or the famous choucroute paysanne are just great for the 26,90€ menu

La Taverne du Ma��tre Kanter
    • Castles and Palaces

La Galejade: Hmmmm.....

by Maryimelda Updated Dec 11, 2012

The food at La Galejade was well priced and very satisfactory. The service was very good as well. A good selection of wines and beers was also available at reasonable prices. All in all, not a bad choice for dinner at all especially since it is situated right beside the canal, making the outlook extremely pleasing as well.

BUT

Just as I was preparing to leave a family group came in wanting to get a table for dinner. There were five people all together and plenty of tables seemed to be available. The manager however, told them that there was no room for them, which seemed quite strange to me in light of the fact that the staff had almost tripped me up in the street to persuade me to come in for dinner.

The father pointed out a table near to mine which would have nicely accommodated them and asked if they could have that table and was told very emphatically "no". They were unceremoniously ushered out of the restaurant and were left to go find somewhere else.

I hope I'm wrong but I couldn't help but wonder if the fact of their obvious ethnicity had anything to do with them being refused service. I was walking in the area for at least an hour or so after witnessing this incident and the restaurant did not become packed out or anything like it, in all that time. I'm afraid it left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

• Beer Tasting

Glacier des Alpes: Paradise for ice cream freaks

by Maryimelda Updated Dec 11, 2012

Annecy is paradise for devotees of good ice cream. My very best favourite ice cream shop (and I did try many of them in three days) was Glacier des Alpes which I could see from my hotel room.

This shop was always packed with people, sometimes two and three deep at the counter and it didn't take me long to find out why. I asked for a tub with three diferent flavours and I was invited to have in addition, a smaller complimentary scoop of any other flavour that I would like to try. I was in ice cream heaven!!!

Open late

Le Pichet: Not memorable

by Maryimelda Written Oct 13, 2012

I chose this restaurant by virtue of its great location, which was right in the same building as my hotel.

I found the food to be satisfactory but not particularly memorable. There was a Plat du Jour on offer at a reasonable price, but I opted for a Salad Nicoise which was passable and filled the gap.

Service was OK and house wine was good.

• Beer Tasting

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Le Beau Soleil: Our namesake restaurant

by Beausoleil Written Jul 19, 2012

The first time we visited Lac Annecy and the delightful Old Town area of Annecy, we spotted our name on the river Thiou. It was a restaurant and they had fondue. How exciting! We love fondue and having our own name on the restaurant was too good to pass by so we stopped for dinner. We had a lovely seat outside watching swans on the river and all the people walking past.

Our waiter was a gem. He spoke at least five languages, one of them ours, and loved to talk about the area. When we told him we stopped because the restaurant shared our name, he immediately disappeared inside and returned with the restaurant business card and gave it to us.

Their specialty is Savoyard food . . . comfort food by anyone's standards.

Favorite Dish: We've returned a few times and always had the fondue so I have no idea what the other foods are like. I know the fondue is very good and the service has always been excellent. We took our oldest daughter once and she got the fondue too so we have zero experience with other foods on the menu but all three of us will recommend the fondue.

This is not a gourmet restaurant but the setting is sublime, the food (at least the fondue) is very good and the service excellent.

We return whenever we're in Annecy and that is a good recommendation.

View from the restaurant View from the restaurant Le Beau Soleil Restaurant

• balhannah's Profile Photo

ARTISAN PATISSERIE & BOULANGERIE: GREAT PATISSERIE

by balhannah Written Dec 27, 2011

As we headed to the Gorges du Fier, we were looking for a Patisserie to buy some morning tea.
    We found this Patisserie on the D116 route.
    Inside, was a marvellous selection of cake's and goodies, so we chose, and then had our morning tea overlooking Castle Montrottier.
    Excellent cake's from here!

Artisan Patisserie

• L'appart du 17: Just about perfect.

by harribar Updated Apr 4, 2011

We visited L'appart in its first week, (everywhere else was full.) Access is down a small alleyway and up a flight of stairs: it is a beautiful old building, lovingly restored with just the right ambience. We were so impressed by the food, the staff - just about everything. 3 course meal with wine and aperitifs just over 50 Euro per head.

Favorite Dish: Lamb Tagine - a dish originating in North Africa. Spicy, filling and very enjoyable.

• Seniors

• La Cave: The best french wine and great snacks

by norwegianwine Updated Apr 4, 2011

We had 3 wonderful evenings at this great place for wine connoisseurs and just plain wine lovers. A large selection of wines on the menu and even more in the cellar! The two owners are knowledgable and can pick the best wines for your taste. The atmosphere is relaxed, down to earth and un-snobbish. Indoor or outdoor seating in a small alley off the beaten path. You´ll go back to the hotel (as we did) full of taste and dreams. We would recommend to try out the Coteaux du Loir 2004 and the Savigny-Les-Beaune 1999. Also they have a great selection of cheeses and hams which was enough for a late night dinner or snack. Website: www.barlacave.com

Favorite Dish: Coteaux du Loir 2004 and the Savigny-Les-Beaune 1999

• Study Abroad

• Mamie Lise: A Gordon Ramsay Nightmare!

by Lindap2733 Written Sep 23, 2009

We were in Annecy for just a couple of nights and had already had a sample of the local fare at Le Petit Zinc. This had been great - atmosphere, service and food excellent. So we were unprepared for this restaurant which, by constrast, was absolutely awful.

We went for a set meal at just under 19 euros, and the rather disinterested waiter tried to explain what the dishes consisted of when we asked.

The starter was served on a pretentious piece of slate and was a salad with mozarella, melon, parma ham and tomatoes. The salad was dressed with something that tasted medicinal and my mozarella had seen better times. I then had 'choucroute' - a local peasant dish, and to be honest, it was probably just a bad choice on my behalf because it was loads of nasty warmish sauerkraut, two boiled potatoes and selection of the fattiest, most unappetising sausage I have ever seen. My partner had the trout - which was passable - but the acroutrements of rice and a vegetable (we couldn't tell what it was), were terrible - overcooked and disgusting.

Oh well, you live and learn, so when we chose apple clafoutis for dessert, we really felt that they couldn't do much to that. Wrong! It was inedible. Needless to say, we won't be going back!

• Business Travel

• La Salle des Gardes: Disappointed

by smashing Written Jun 9, 2008

Was not very impressed by this restaurant. We had the 'plat du jour' - Croute Savoyade. Bread was very hard as though it had been heated up in a mircowave. Ham and cheese very dry. In all it was inedible. Dessert - winberry tart - must have been bought at one of the cheap supermarkets, as it had an awful taste. Service very slow even though we were the only ones in the restaurant at the time. Will certainly not go back.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Milton Pub: Moules Frites and pizza

by Dabs Updated Sep 9, 2007

A trip to France, for me, wouldn't be complete unless I ate three things-fondue, a crepe with nutella and banana and moules frites. The fondue and crepe had been taken care of in Switzerland so when we were wandering the streets of Annecy, I was searching for a place to find moules frites and there were a number of options. When I found a place that had both moules frites and pizza for David, we were sold.

Favorite Dish: I like my moules frites (mussels and french fries) in a white wine cream sauce and they had that option here. The pot of mussels was huge, way more than I could finish, the sauce was excellent.

I'm not exactly sure what David ordered, it wasn't a pizza but when it came out it certainly looked like one with a very thin crust.

Moules Frites Pizza Milton Pub

• albert34's Profile Photo

I don't remember the name: Taste the shrimps

by albert34 Written Jun 27, 2007

It is the only brasserie in the area.It is at the coin Louis Chamontel/Avenue des Hirondelles,close to Hotel de Paris.
    The owner is very kind.He is married with a portuguese woman.

Favorite Dish: The best one is shrimps à la portugaise.

Instant Answers: Annecy

Comments

Annecy Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Annecy restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Annecy sightseeing.