Annecy Restaurants

• Restaurants
    Artisan Patisserie

Best Rated Restaurants in Annecy

• sylvie-uk's Profile Photo

the "Freti": speciality meals with cheeses

by sylvie-uk Updated Aug 10, 2004

the freti restaurant

the restaurant has a really warm atmosphere and offers all the cheese speciality dishes.
    the price i gave is average but it all depends on how much you ll have with the meal( wine, ect).
    you have to try "la grolle" drink as they do have it in this restaurant (see local customs).
    now, if you have a sensitive nose and are not so keen on cheese smells then you should really avoid the place as even my clothes were smelling of it when i got out.
    but what a treat for the cheese lovers!!!!!

Favorite Dish: try "la raclette"which is some melted cheese on new potatoes accompanied of sausisson and ham or
    "fondue savoyarde" which is 5 different kind of Comte cheese melted in a pot with white wine that you eat by dipping some dry pieces of bread or
    "la tartiflette"...........................
    the all process of eating these dishes has a very sociable feel to it.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Milton Pub: Moules Frites and pizza

by Dabs Updated Sep 9, 2007

Moules Frites

A trip to France, for me, wouldn't be complete unless I ate three things-fondue, a crepe with nutella and banana and moules frites. The fondue and crepe had been taken care of in Switzerland so when we were wandering the streets of Annecy, I was searching for a place to find moules frites and there were a number of options. When I found a place that had both moules frites and pizza for David, we were sold.

Favorite Dish: I like my moules frites (mussels and french fries) in a white wine cream sauce and they had that option here. The pot of mussels was huge, way more than I could finish, the sauce was excellent.

I'm not exactly sure what David ordered, it wasn't a pizza but when it came out it certainly looked like one with a very thin crust.

Glacier des Alpes: Paradise for ice cream freaks

by Maryimelda Updated Dec 11, 2012

Open late

Annecy is paradise for devotees of good ice cream. My very best favourite ice cream shop (and I did try many of them in three days) was Glacier des Alpes which I could see from my hotel room.

This shop was always packed with people, sometimes two and three deep at the counter and it didn't take me long to find out why. I asked for a tub with three diferent flavours and I was invited to have in addition, a smaller complimentary scoop of any other flavour that I would like to try. I was in ice cream heaven!!!

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

La table d'Elise: Don't miss the tartiflette

Annecy

In my intro I wrote about the cheap restaurants in the old town. This is one of them and also the best of the 3 restaurants where we had lunch or dinner.

Warning for the ladies: the batroom on the second floor is quite shabby, but that's not the point. The room has an immence window, facing the toilet facility... and no curtains! The geraniums on the window ledge don't really interfere with the view.

Favorite Dish: Among the local dishes, Tartiflette is a simple, but very tasty gratin oven dish, with bacon, potatoes and a reblochon cheese sauce.
    We paid € 40 for 2 Tartiflettes, a small jar of red wine and 2 coffees.

• Goner's Profile Photo

Many to Choose From

by Goner Updated Aug 28, 2004

Restaurant Row

There are many restaurants along the canal which usually display the plate du' jour, check out the menus and prices before you decide. All of the resturants had excellent wines - but then this is France!

The Lyonnaise Hotel Restaurant had a great steak dish, can't remember what it is called, but I still remember how tender the meat was.

On the Thiou Canal, the left side as you face the mountains, is an ice cream store that has every kind of ice cream you want to order. We made several trips there during our stay.

Favorite Dish: ICE CREAM

• balhannah's Profile Photo

ARTISAN PATISSERIE & BOULANGERIE: GREAT PATISSERIE

by balhannah Written Dec 27, 2011

As we headed to the Gorges du Fier, we were looking for a Patisserie to buy some morning tea.
    We found this Patisserie on the D116 route.
    Inside, was a marvellous selection of cake's and goodies, so we chose, and then had our morning tea overlooking Castle Montrottier.
    Excellent cake's from here!

• L'appart du 17: Just about perfect.

by harribar Updated Apr 4, 2011

We visited L'appart in its first week, (everywhere else was full.) Access is down a small alleyway and up a flight of stairs: it is a beautiful old building, lovingly restored with just the right ambience. We were so impressed by the food, the staff - just about everything. 3 course meal with wine and aperitifs just over 50 Euro per head.

Favorite Dish: Lamb Tagine - a dish originating in North Africa. Spicy, filling and very enjoyable.

• Seniors

La Galejade: Hmmmm.....

by Maryimelda Updated Dec 11, 2012

The food at La Galejade was well priced and very satisfactory. The service was very good as well. A good selection of wines and beers was also available at reasonable prices. All in all, not a bad choice for dinner at all especially since it is situated right beside the canal, making the outlook extremely pleasing as well.

BUT

Just as I was preparing to leave a family group came in wanting to get a table for dinner. There were five people all together and plenty of tables seemed to be available. The manager however, told them that there was no room for them, which seemed quite strange to me in light of the fact that the staff had almost tripped me up in the street to persuade me to come in for dinner.

The father pointed out a table near to mine which would have nicely accommodated them and asked if they could have that table and was told very emphatically "no". They were unceremoniously ushered out of the restaurant and were left to go find somewhere else.

I hope I'm wrong but I couldn't help but wonder if the fact of their obvious ethnicity had anything to do with them being refused service. I was walking in the area for at least an hour or so after witnessing this incident and the restaurant did not become packed out or anything like it, in all that time. I'm afraid it left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo

Cafe les Ducs (Cafe of the Dukes): Great coffee

by Kate-Me Written Jul 21, 2006

I mention this particular coffee/restaurant as for us, it had the best coffee we had in France.
    I must add that generally the coffee we were served around France wasn't as nice as we were accustomed to, so I recommend this cafe on the main canal.
    (Upon returning home, I mentioned this lack of good coffee in France to a French friend running his own cafe in Melbourne, and he told me that French coffee is rather good, in fact, but that he feels the waiters/serveurs in France don't know how to brew it properly..... made a bit more sense to me than French coffee being bad...

Favorite Dish: The coffee! Very nice cappucino of the kind you'd expect as standard in Australia, and my husband (coffee connoisseur who's difficult to please) said the espresso was sufficiently strong and excellent.

• iNorv9's Profile Photo

Chez le Pere Jules: Induldge in a Tartiflette, a Savoy favorite

by iNorv9 Written Dec 19, 2005

Chez le Pere Jules

This was a nice little place we found in the heart of Old Annecy. With creaky old wooden walls, red and white checkerboard tablecloths and various cured meats hanging from the ceiling, the atmosphere felt distinctly Alpine (to me at least). Also, the wait staff was very friendly and offered helpful suggestions.

Favorite Dish: The Tartiflette, native to the Savoy region, is a MUST HAVE. Essentially, it consists of a mixture of potatoes, wine, cream and meat (bacon and/or pork), all covered with a huge slab of melted Roblechon cheese. Altough it isn't going to win any health food awards, no visit to Annecy is complete without trying one, especially for cheese lovers.... Delicieux.

Le Pichet: Not memorable

by Maryimelda Written Oct 13, 2012

I chose this restaurant by virtue of its great location, which was right in the same building as my hotel.

I found the food to be satisfactory but not particularly memorable. There was a Plat du Jour on offer at a reasonable price, but I opted for a Salad Nicoise which was passable and filled the gap.

Service was OK and house wine was good.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Le Beau Soleil: Our namesake restaurant

by Beausoleil Written Jul 19, 2012

View from the restaurant

The first time we visited Lac Annecy and the delightful Old Town area of Annecy, we spotted our name on the river Thiou. It was a restaurant and they had fondue. How exciting! We love fondue and having our own name on the restaurant was too good to pass by so we stopped for dinner. We had a lovely seat outside watching swans on the river and all the people walking past.

Our waiter was a gem. He spoke at least five languages, one of them ours, and loved to talk about the area. When we told him we stopped because the restaurant shared our name, he immediately disappeared inside and returned with the restaurant business card and gave it to us.

Their specialty is Savoyard food . . . comfort food by anyone's standards.

Favorite Dish: We've returned a few times and always had the fondue so I have no idea what the other foods are like. I know the fondue is very good and the service has always been excellent. We took our oldest daughter once and she got the fondue too so we have zero experience with other foods on the menu but all three of us will recommend the fondue.

This is not a gourmet restaurant but the setting is sublime, the food (at least the fondue) is very good and the service excellent.

We return whenever we're in Annecy and that is a good recommendation.

• ammonitic's Profile Photo

Père Jules: Savoyard Diner à la "Jules"

by ammonitic Written Aug 6, 2003

Restaurant's street terrace at night

Placed on the river banks it offers local, will say "Savoyard" dishes. For me it is as good as its neighbour but less expensive. On a warm and crowded summer evening - as shown on the foto - you need some time.

Favorite Dish: Gratin au filets de perche: the pearches are fish from the lake, though very common in the region, but very special in this gratin together with cheese.

• Architecture

Rive Gauche Pizzeria: Nothing special

Annecy

The view from the terrace is beautiful, with a nice view on the St-François church. The inside of the restaurant is nice too.
    In fact there is no difference between this restaurant and all the other restaurants.
    The customer pays a fair price for fair food, but doesn't get pampered.

Favorite Dish: We had a grilled steak with pepper cream sauce, a glass of white wine and a small jar of red wine and paid only € 35 / 2 persons

Le Munich: Wouldn't choose this restaurant anymore

Annecy

Just like most restaurants in the old town, this one is a pizza restaurant. But apart the pizzas, all restaurants serve other dishes too.

Favorite Dish: My husband chose a pizza and I had a Savoyarde Salad. Looking good, but both were flavourless.

Instant Answers: Annecy

Comments

Annecy Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Annecy restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Annecy sightseeing.