Annecy Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Annecy

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo

Pickpockets

by GentleSpirit Written Oct 22, 2014

You will probably not need to worry about danger in Annecy. I was staying in the Old Town so there were lots of restaurants and bars around. Walking at night was no problem at all.

I was told to watch out for pickpockets when photographing the Palais. This is easily the most crowded place in town so it would make sense. I didn't see anything unusual but hotel staff told me that pickpockets do like to frequent that area.

• Be careful and vigilant.

by ameraroundtheworld Written Aug 7, 2012

Annecy is very safe in general. There is no reason to worry about violent crime. However, due to the high amount of tourism in the area, it's not as safe as I had led to believe. It almost lulls you into a false sense of security; but be wary of the groups of kids/ teens seemingly to be just "hanging around." that goes for adults too. We had a strange man approach our group, overall it was a bit unsettling and I kept my eye out the rest of the day. No sure what he was after. Overall, just keep an eye out and you'll have absolutely nothing to worry about. It's a lovely town, though a bit too overdone with the tourism.

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

• Goner's Profile Photo

Keep your Valuables Out of Sight

by Goner Updated Aug 27, 2004

A friend and his family visited the Chateau d'Annecy and left their valuables (passports, airline tickets and traveler's check) in the car in the parking lot. Someone smashed the window and made a good haul. My friend and his family (all five) had to drive back to Geneva to the embassy for new passports, airline tickets and cancel credits cards etc. Don't let this bucolic little town lull you into false security - where there are tourists there are thieves.

View from the Castle

• steventilly's Profile Photo

I couldn't think of any!...

by steventilly Written Sep 13, 2002

I couldn't think of any! Annecy is one of the friendliest, safest feeling places I've ever been to. There's not even much traffic in the centre, so you don't have to worry about being run over in the street!

Instant Answers: Annecy

Comments

Annecy Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Annecy warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Annecy sightseeing.