Mont Blanc Massif / Aiguilles Rouges (Mountains), Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Know about this? Rate It!

• Mont Blanc Massif / Aiguilles Rouges (Mountains)
    by Maggies
    Brevent cablecar
    by sandysmith
    dru mountain
    by call_me_rhia
  • arv1's Profile Photo

Mont Blanc

by arv1 Updated Aug 2, 2005

Fondest memory: No matter where you stand, as soon as someone points out Mont Blanc (if you cant see it yourself) you will be awed!

At first it does not seem that high but as soon as you realise how high you are above sea level, you will be shocked!

A MUST SEE!

• Mountain Climbing
    • Hiking and Walking

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

stunning mountains i have seen

by call_me_rhia Updated Nov 24, 2002

dru mountain

Favorite thing: Chamonix means mountains and skiing: i went in November: too early for skiing, and too late in the season for any significant hike. But the mountains, the glorious mountains, were still there... tall... majestic... impressive. I've seen some of the most perfect mountains there - a place that i should return to, to hike.

Fondest memory: l'aguille verte and the dru... the mother of all mountains. I have never seen a prettier one than this

• sandysmith's Profile Photo

Mt Blanc from Brevent

by sandysmith Written Nov 9, 2002

Brevent cablecar

Favorite thing: for the best views of the Mt Blanc massif take the Brevent cable car (2-stage) to the top station. As its situated on the opposite side of the valley to Aiguille du Midi cable-car you can look right across on to Mt Blanc.

• Maggies's Profile Photo

MONT BLANC

by Maggies Written Feb 25, 2003

Favorite thing: My friends and I did a little trekking here. Actually we took a cable car up to almost 4000 meters and then we were walking down. It was a really great experience and the views (weather permitting) were just unbelievable.
    I'm not too crazy about hiking but I do love mountains and when I'm up on 4000 meters I just can't stop admire it. Good thing there are cable cars!!!!

• Hiking and Walking

Instant Answers: Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Comments

View all Chamonix-Mont-Blanc hotels