Paragliding, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Know about this? Rate It!

Linda after the flight
    by Manara
  • Manara's Profile Photo

Paragliding

by Manara Written Aug 18, 2008

The Chamonix valley is a great place for paragliding. For those who want to attend a paragliding school, buy equipment or ask for expert advice there are at least three organizations (maybe more) where they can find them.
    Those who are not paragliders but want to savour the experience can try a tandem flight. All the paragliding schools listed here offer this opportunity.
    LES AILES DU MONT BLANC is a school run by the world paragliding champion Sandie Cochepin. Address: 24 Avenue de la Plage, Chamonix.
    ANTECIMES SUMMIT PARAPENTE is a paragliding school that operates since 1987.
    Another organization is AD HAUT VOL PARAPENTE. Address: 451 rue du Lyret, Chamonix.

• Martinewezel's Profile Photo

Paragliding

by Martinewezel Updated Aug 1, 2005

Chamonix

If you like extreme thrills and airtime, you gotta try this: a paragliding duo jump.

Most of the parachutes take off at Planpraz (see my Brévent -tip). The lightweights (mostly kids) early in the morning and so on, ending with the the heavyweights (I guess there must be a max weight) around noon.

The landing is on the Savoy field, a beginners ski slope at 5 minutes walking distance from the centre of the town.

The price is about 90 euros/jump.

• Luxury Travel
    • Adventure Travel

• ettenaj's Profile Photo

Tandem Flight

by ettenaj Written Jan 7, 2011
    Linda after the flight

Special because I was terrified of heights and to run off the side of a mountain was just unthinkable, but I did it. Wow what an experience, I was really scared but 5 mins into the flight I felt a calm come over me as we floated over the town, my pilot was brilliant....I kissed her when we landed as I was so pleased to have survived it.

Equipment: Trainers is all you need, they provided gloves helmet and obviosley the chute!

• Adventure Travel

Instant Answers: Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Comments

View all Chamonix-Mont-Blanc hotels