Other Activities, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

by leanne_pearc
  • Assenczo's Profile Photo

Glacier gallery

by Assenczo Updated Apr 11, 2015

Glaciers have always sounded too rough for my liking to be explored.
    Chamonix turned upside-down my preconceptions and presented me with one of the best presents possible - a visit into the lair of Nature.
    Specially designed cable car lifts thousands of lazy Nature lovers right to the spot. Stairs,) lead to the ice mass (no wheel chair access, huh. Enormous hole yawns and tourists come and go in this wonderland of the unexpected. The glacier itself is dirty and disappointing but once inside it is crystal clean with light blue tint adding to the magic. The creative hosts have not lied upon their laurels and have dug up different chambers in addition to the tunnel. The experience is eerie and needless to say, unforgettable.

Ice Sculpture

• leanne_pearc's Profile Photo

Ski Lesson

by leanne_pearc Updated Apr 4, 2011

Having never skied i booked a ski lesson through ESF Chamonix the same day that i arrived in Chamonix. Ski lessons in the valley were not cheap however i booked a private instructor for the afternoon for around $200.00.

I met the instructor at le Savoy, in the Le Brevent area. The lesson eventually paid off on the last day after a few days practice and i was able to ski down a slope.

Chamonix

• Study French

by mskimsil Written Jan 26, 2008

I'm studying french at Insted Language School in Chamonix. It is a good option for visitors that would like to stay over a season in Chamonix and combine their skiing with french studies.

I find the classes quite good as a beginner and every weekday I study 4 hours whilst I ski the rest of the time. The teachers are from Université Stendhal in Grenoble and the language courses are given by their institution for French as a foreign language, Centre Universitaire d'Etudes Françaises (CUEF). I feel the level of education is very good for me as a beginners.

Minimum course length in 2 weeks (which I'm doing) and most of the people in my class study a full season of 13-15 weeks of french. Like I said... Studying french is a good paralell activity to motivate a full season of skiing in Chamonix.

• Skiing and Boarding
    • Study Abroad

Instant Answers: Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Comments

View all Chamonix-Mont-Blanc hotels