Montélimar Travel Guide

Montélimar Hotels

Montélimar Transportation

Montelimar Motorway Service Station

by easyoar Written Sep 1, 2005

Well I know Montelimar is more than a Motorway Service Station, but this is all I have seen. To get there then, you are going to need a car really!

It makes a good place to stop and fill up with petrol and get a few luxury food items in the rather overpriced gift shop.

I tend to stop here when I am driving from Annecy down towards Spain.

Montélimar Shopping

Montelimar Nougat

by easyoar Written Sep 1, 2005

Sometimes you can see some Nougat sweets actually called Montelimar. This can be considered one of the homes of nougat. Now personally I am not a fan, but I know people who are, so I tend to buy the odd bag as a present, and it always goes down very well when I get it home.

What to buy: Lots of different types of nougat. None of them cheap!

What to pay: If you enlarge the photo, you'll see this bag costs 18 Euros 18 cents. Yes that's 18 Euros! There are cheaper alternatives.

Lavender Honey

by easyoar Written Sep 1, 2005

Well it's a tourist trap... However I do rather like honey, and Lavender Honey is my favourite, and it is virtually impossible to buy in the UK (no, there are no restrictions in taking honey into the UK from the EU, and France is in the EU).

This normally means having to pay over the odds for some.

What to buy: If you like honey and have never tasted Lavender Honey, I suggest you try some!

What to pay: If you enlarge the picture, you'll see that this jar of 750 grams cost 11 Euros 90 cents.

• Montélimar Hotels

13 Hotels in Montélimar

23 Reviews and Opinions

Montélimar Tourist Traps

Petrol, nougat and honey

by easyoar Written Sep 1, 2005

Montelimar is synonymous with nougat, several years ago, the motorway service station used to be a sensibly priced place to pick up some nougat and Lavender Honey. These days the prices have got a bit steep.

I'm normally keen to keep moving when I pass through, so it is either buy a bit there, or don't buy any at all (Lavender Honey is my favourite type of honey, and can be quite hard to find), so I normally buy a large jar anyway even though I am rather loathed to when it is so expensive.

Unique Suggestions: When you taste the honey, you can tolerate the price a bit better...

Fun Alternatives: Try and find some local producers stores.

Montélimar Favorites

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Sparrow nibbling mosquitos off the front of a car

by easyoar Written Sep 1, 2005

Favorite thing: I've been through Montelimar a few times (well the motorway service station at Montelimar to be more specific), and I have observed this behaviour on each occasion. The Sparrows seem to have learnt that cars make a good mosquito swatter. They then wait until a car comes in with some nice freshly squashed mosquitos on the front of it, wait until it parks up, then they do their equivalent of hovering whilst they clean up the front of your car!

Well you wouldn't pay them to do it, as they don't do a very good job, but it is amusing to see them do it all the same. They are pretty tame, so they are fairly easy to photograph.

Fondest memory: The Hungry Sparrows

Instant Answers: Montélimar

Comments

Montélimar Travel Guide
Map of Montélimar