Restaurant de la Vieille Porte, Yvoire

Hotel restaurant du Port: Perch filets

by cadzand Updated Apr 4, 2011

Restaurant du Port

Nestled on the shore of Lake Geneva the
    "Charming Hotel" and "une Grande Table" welcome you between flowers in the Medieval Village of Yvoire.

Favorite Dish: Ask for perch filets and crayfish au gratin, or fried perch filets and lemon sauce and youwon't be disappointed.

• cadzand's Profile Photo

Restaurant de la Vieille Porte: Inside or outside 700 years old walls

by cadzand Updated Apr 4, 2011

At the entrance of the medieval village, with a great view on the Geneva Lake, this place exists since 1587 and is probably the oldest bar in Yvoire.

Favorite Dish: Perch filets are the speciality of most of the restaurants at Geneva Lake. You can taste them here with melted butter and lemon, with cream and mushrooms, with crayfish and cardamome flavour.

• Adventure Travel

• La Vieille Porte: Very rude service

by Scribetrotter Updated Apr 4, 2011

The food was fine - the service was atrocious. I had the perch fillets and they came with fries - I don't like fries but they're passable if I add ketchup. So I asked for some and was basically treated as a stupid foreigner - the waiter went to another table and insulted me, not knowing I could understand him. He kept pointing towards my table and snickering about these 'stupid Americans' who know nothing about food and ask for ketchup. I happen to be French and was with a British friend so we spoke English... in any event, this type of behaviour is absolutely unacceptable under ANY circumstance. I wrote to the restaurant owner and the tourist office and received no acknowledgement, let alone a reply. Stay away.

Instant Answers: Yvoire

Comments

Hotels Near Restaurant de la Vieille Porte
4.5 out of 5 stars