Bamberg Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Bamberg

• ophiro's Profile Photo

Safe City

by ophiro Written Mar 8, 2014

The main touristic area of the city looked very safe to me when i was there but of course like every touristic place i suggest that you will watch you important things , especially money and camera.
    I didnt see beggars on the streets or drunk people and it was very clean.

• balhannah's Profile Photo

BE CAREFUL WALKING!

by balhannah Written Dec 23, 2011

Find the roadway

Walking in Bamberg....

Cobblestone's, so try to wear sensible shoes so that you don't sprain an ankle.

I also found around the Cathedral area, that the road isn't clearly marked.

All is in grey, and there are stone "canon ball's" for marker's.
    I was wandering around, gazing up and down, not realizing a road came through the centre, until a car came along. You don't want to walk into one of the Ball's and have a fall either!
    Gave me a bit of a scare! Lucky it was in the evening when no traffic was around!

I am used to clearly marked roads, with white road marking's.

Check the photo to find the roadway.

• Hiking and Walking

• balhannah's Profile Photo

WALKING TO THE CATHEDRAL

by balhannah Written Dec 23, 2011

Going up!

Bamberg is built on hills. There is the "OLD" area that is flat for walking, but if you want to walk and see the other sights, like the Cathedral and the Residence, then it will be quite an uphill hike on cobble stone street's. I liked the walk, because there were interesting home's and sight's on the way, BUT............
    It is no good for breathless, unfit, or people with walking disabilities.

There is a bus service, or you can drive your car, but there isn't any car park at the top.

• Hiking and Walking

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo

Crowds Galore

by BruceDunning Written Dec 16, 2011

People wandering all over

We got into the center first on a Sunday. Well, the locals certainly know how to get out for the day and enjoy the inner core. There were literally thousands, and it was difficult getting by people, let alone the shops and restaurants were packed. A better time to come is on early part of the week; and maybe dead of winter? It is a popular place to visit for tourists and locals.

• MichaelFalk1969's Profile Photo

Traffic Wardens

by MichaelFalk1969 Updated Nov 6, 2007

There are lots of them ... and there are many parking restrictions in Bamberg. In my impression they control more thoroughly and regularly than in any other city I know. So better leave your car at the central Parkhaus Geyersw├Ârth - the parking fees are modest.

• antistar's Profile Photo

Very Safe

by antistar Written Nov 16, 2004

Bamberg, like neighbouring Coburg, seemed an extremely safe city. There were no seedly looking areas, no beggars, and almost no drunks. The only drunk we saw actually seemed just like someone's dad who'd had one too many. The majority of the town's population looked very affluent, and more likely to look down on your for being too scruffy, like me, than to relieve you of your wallet.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Don't bring your beautiful...

by richiecdisc Written Aug 28, 2002

Don't bring your beautiful blond girlfriend to a small village like Schlammersdorf, on a Friday night and hit the local brewpub. I had wanted to go here for years but could never get anyone to drive me there and it is not a place you can reach by bus...lol. Doreen was more than nice in bringing me on our way back from Bamberg to Munich and when we walked into the obvious locals only one room affair, everyone, all six guys playing cards, looked over at us. They surely wondered just what had brought us to their small corner of the world. I ordered the fantastic, fresh brew and drank it quickly. It was great but I never gave a thought to a second one. I knew when to not push my luck. I had fallen in love all right, though this time it was not with a beer, and my luck was not in finally making my way to Schlammersdorf either. Brauerei Witzfall is at Schlammersdorf-str. 17. If you can find the village, you can find the pub. ;>

Instant Answers: Bamberg

Comments

Bamberg Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Bamberg warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bamberg sightseeing.