Dinkelsbühl Favorites

Best Rated Favorites in Dinkelsbühl

• Elena77's Profile Photo

Summer Breeze Open Air

by Elena77 Written Dec 3, 2008

Favorite thing: If you're travelling to Dinkelsbühl in Summer and you're not into Heavy Metal music, do avoid the 3rd weekend in August. That's when the annual Summer Breeze Open Air does take place. It's a pretty large event and it might affect your stay. The average number of this festival's visitors is around 40,000. Many of them will be staying at the festival camp ground. But still lots and lots of Heavy Metal fans will be in and around Dinkelsbühl that weekend which means that most hotels might be fully booked and/ or are raising their prices for this event.

Summer Breeze Open Air
    • Music

• Confucius's Profile Photo

Dinkelsbuhl memories

by Confucius Updated Apr 19, 2005

Favorite thing: I enjoyed walking up and down the streets absorbing the small town atmosphere. The main square always has something lively going on and you can watch real Germans living their daily lives. I know it sounds kind of corny but I just felt like I was walking through a dream land. It is the Germany that everybody thinks of when building gingerbread houses at Christmas time. I simply adore my little Dinkelsbuhl! I want to adopt the town, take it home with me, and put it in my backyard.

Fondest memory: My fondest memory of Dinkelsbuhl is seeing one of my favorite fruits sold fresh at the local market within the walled city. Imagine my surprise when I found fresh rambutans available at this little town in Germany.

I bought a bag of them and shared some with a Japanese tour group I spotted nearby. I also gave one to a Bavarian boy wearing those traditional green suspenders after he watched me peel the peculiar fruit.

I never saw rambutans again during my eight country European tour, only in Dinkelsbuhl!

Read tourist propaganda and understand Dinkelsbuhl
    • Architecture

• Roeffie's Profile Photo

Nice medieval town

by Roeffie Written Aug 18, 2014

Favorite thing: On our way to Austria we always make a 2 hours stop somewhere a long the way and visit a nice town museum or castle. This year Dinkelsbühl was on our menu.

We just wandered through the town had a tea and cake at the restaurant and went further.

Dinkelsbühl doesn't have big sights our museums, but it is just a nice town to have a stop a long the way.

Impression of Dinkesb��hl Impression of Dinkelsb��hl Impression of Dinkelsb��hl Impression of Dinkelsb��hl Impression of Dinkelsb��hl

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

Exterior Wall Decorations

by Roadquill Written Feb 17, 2011

Favorite thing: As one wanders through Dinkelsbuhl, it seems that around every corner, or down any street one will come across a very artistic wall decoration of one kind or another.

Wall Decoration in Dinkelsbuhl Decoration in Dinkelsbuhl Wall Decoration in Dinkelsbuhl
    • Photography

Instant Answers: Dinkelsbühl

Comments

Dinkelsbühl Favorites

Reviews and photos of Dinkelsbühl favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Dinkelsbühl sightseeing.