Hohenschwangau Restaurants

• vityaz's Profile Photo

Allgäuer Stüberl: Delicious food, fantastic atmosphere

by vityaz Written May 22, 2012

The Allgauer Stubel

The restaurant is conveniently located near to the Royal Castles, the main tourist attraction of the village. I went in for lunch after my castle tour. By the time I had been in for my tour and hiked back down the mountain it was raining a bit so I was glad to be getting indoors! There was a nice rustic welcoming atmosphere even before I walked in. I plonked myself down indoors and was served immediately! I had a delicious meal washed down with a nice cold beer which came to less than 15 euro. I would have stayed for dessert but the meal filled me up!

Favorite Dish: Lumberjack steak with bacon and country potatoes

• Beograd's Profile Photo

Gasthof "Krone": What to order...

by Beograd Updated Jan 30, 2007

I don't think you could make a mistake in an order. Everything looks delicious and it all depends on how hungry you are. Portions are very big as you can see from our pictures. You also get a bib as in the old days when they used to eat with their fingers.

I had "Spare Ribs" with baked potatoes and boiled corn and my husband has "Ritter Steak" and of course beer with that. Ever since I came to Germany, I stopped drinking Pils and once trying Weizen I realised that nothing else matters :)) To me, light Weizen is the ticket and my husband prefers dunkle (black)

• Beograd's Profile Photo

Gasthof "Krone": Local food in traditional restaurant

by Beograd Updated Jan 30, 2007

When you look at me and my husband, it's not difficult to tell that we love food. But we are not the type that would eat just about anything for the sake of eating. We love quality food and like eating local. In Germany, it's more difficult to find a bad than a good restaurant with local food.

This restaurant is in Fuessen which is about 5min drive from Hohenschwangau. It is in the old town behind walls. The whole restaurant is done in a traditional Medieval style with waitresses dressed traditionaly, armors and axes hanging from walls... Great food and even greater bear!!!

Instant Answers: Hohenschwangau

Comments

Hohenschwangau Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Hohenschwangau restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Hohenschwangau sightseeing.

View all Hohenschwangau hotels