Kelheim Restaurants

• TomInGermany's Profile Photo

Weisses Brauhaus: Lunch at the Oldest Wheat Beer Brewery

by TomInGermany Written Aug 3, 2013

Neat building

Weisses Brauhaus is the oldest Weissbier (wheat beer) brewery in the world. According the ADAC Germany City Guide book, at the beginning of the 17th century it was one of the few breweries allowed to produce this type of beer, which is native to Bavaria. As a result, Kelheim became known well beyond the borders of Baveria. Since it was so famous we had to stop there for lunch after touring the town.

Since it was a very hot day (especially for Germany) we decided to eat in their beer garden under some nice shade trees. The atmosphere was nice, their menu was fairly extensive and the service was quick and friendly. I had their salad with stripes of ham and cheese (very tasty) while my wife had baked potato smothered in sour cream with a salad on the side. Since I was driving I could only try one of their beers so I picked their original wheat beer. It wasn’t bad especially since the day was so warm. My wife had a white wine mixed with soda water which came in a huge drinking glass.

Favorite Dish: Normally I would suggest the beer but this time I'm going to say try the salad with the ham and cheese. I'm not a salad type of guy but I really enjoyed this one.

• Beer Tasting

• Patricia_KEH's Profile Photo

Mc Donalds: Big Mac and Coke even in Bavaria

by Patricia_KEH Written Mar 18, 2004

mc donalds

Ok now you see. Kelheim has made good progress, since 2002 we have a Mc Donalds here. Yeeeh so if you come from America like most of tourists here go there, it's good. ;)

Instant Answers: Kelheim

Comments

Kelheim Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Kelheim restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Kelheim sightseeing.