Schwabing, Munich

Know about this? Rate It!

At my favorite spanish bar in Schwabing
    by Leipzig
  • Henkster's Profile Photo

Schwabing: Irish Pubs in Schwabing

by Henkster Written Sep 2, 2004

There are a few excellent Irish Pubs in Schwabing, but the coolest one has to be Gunther Murphys in Nikolaistrasse. They broadcast football games (English and German league) and have karaoke nights as well. Great cider!

Irish Pub

• chicabonita's Profile Photo

Reitschule: After Work Party

by chicabonita Updated Nov 24, 2003

The EUR 6 entrance fee includes a welcome drink and buffet.

The music was a good mixture of everything, in the end even some rock ... the typical music mix for after work parties.

The caipirinha was excellent and the price (EUR 8) was reasonable - the glass was very large.

• Business Travel

• draguza's Profile Photo

Schwabing: Nice young and lively area

by draguza Written Aug 14, 2005

In this area of the city called "Schwabing", you will find funky little cafe/bars. Nothing special, but popular. Good service, good food, relaxed atmosphere full of university students and young people.

Dress Code: Casual

Street in Schwabing
    • Wine Tasting
    • Beer Tasting
    • Study Abroad

• Leipzig's Profile Photo

Schwabing: Irish Folk Pub

by Leipzig Updated May 28, 2004

Schwabing is the nightlife district of Munich. My favorite spot here is the "Irish Folk Pub" at Giselastrasse. It is the oldest Irish pub in Germany with a great atmosphere.
    Here you can have a Guiness draught for 4.00€.
    Open daily from 8 pm.

impressions of the pub

• richyoon's Profile Photo

Schwabing: Great Place to Bar Hopping

by richyoon Updated Apr 9, 2008

Schwabing is probably one of my favorite places in Munich. Lots of cool bars and restaurants. The locals complain that its too touristy, but for a tourist, it feels very local. Located near the University, I find the place to be young and hip, but somewhat upscale. The drink prices are not cheap here, and I don't actually think the students hang out here much. If anything, its the students who are working as bartenders and waitresses in this area, not necessarily the patrons. Still, there are alot of beautiful people here. I forgot the names of the various bars I visited, but I'll try to jot them down the next time I visit Munich (which is in one week). I do remember enjoying a Spanish tapas place where the sangria was good...

At my favorite spanish bar in Schwabing

• eddieman's Profile Photo

Schwabing.: Schwabing.

by eddieman Written Sep 12, 2002

The area around the university (Schellingstrasse and the like) is a good area to head for at night. Lots of good pubs - Cafe Puck (a tad trendy for my taste), or the old favourite, Alter Simpl, are recommended. Heading north to Muenchener Freiheit is another good option.

Dress Code: No no no!

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Schwabing: Schwabing

by Gili_S Updated Mar 30, 2004

The Schwabing is the region where people hang around, in the afternoons, evening and of course at night. Some places were not as much to my taste, some were better. Lucky I had locals who took care of me and took me to the right places, but due to this I do not remember the names of those places.

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

Schwabing: Fun for all sorts

by Sjalen Written Nov 12, 2004

Schwabing is the intellectual area to the north of the centre, and with several of the university buildings. It used to be a working class area, but today it is as hip as anything. As I had a six-year-old with me when visiting, I only passed by, but I reeeeally wished I could try out a bar or two here. Relaxed, yet fun.

Dress Code: Depends on the place you try.

• Architecture