Know about this? Rate It!
The Konigsee is a lake...
The Konigsee is a lake Southeast of Munich, crossed by an electric boat. I was there in early Autumn and it was one of my 'top 10' travel experiences. The lake was perfectly still, the trees were just beginning to change colors, the smell of wood smoke was in the air, and the tops of the mountains were barely dusted with snow. We stopped at a rustic church halfway up the lake, and had strudel and coffee outside under the trees. Doesn't get much better than that.
One hour south of Munich, near...
One hour south of Munich, near the Austrian border, is Königssee (King's Lake). Like a norwegian fjord the lake stretches over 8 km below the mighty Watzmann (2713 m). You can visit the chapel of St. Bartholomew on its eastbank by boat from Berchtesgaden. The chapel is an ideal starting point for hikes to the mountains.
Königsee at Berchtesgaden and...
Königsee at Berchtesgaden and the mountains around are splendid choices for experienced hikers. Don´t recommend day trips here, but longer routes.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Munich Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Rakholi Hotels
- Oak Ridge
- Lago Superiore Hotels
- Union Creek Hotels
- Catarman Hotels
- Utah Off The Beaten Path
- Garretstown and the Old head of Kinsale.
- Santiago Off The Beaten Path
- Europe Off The Beaten Path
- Rishikesh Off The Beaten Path
- Champagne-Ardenne Off The Beaten Path
- Bretagne Off The Beaten Path
- Leiria Off The Beaten Path
- Varna Off The Beaten Path
- Beruwala Off The Beaten Path
- Yellowstone National Park Off The Beaten Path