Know about this? Rate It!
Another quiet place is the Suedfriedhof - an old cemetery close to the center only a 15-minute walk from Marienplatz or 2 minutes from Sendlinger Tor. Here you will find Munich's celebreties of the 18th and 19th centuries, e.g. painters (Spitzweg), architects (Klenze) and scientists (Fraunhofer). I crossed the cemetery each time I had to walk downtown for shopping.
'Suedfriedhof' - a cemetary at...
'Suedfriedhof' - a cemetary at the Kapuzinerstr. Many famous peoploe who have lived and died in Munich (Spitzweg, Thiersch, Liebig, etc...) are buried there. It has a very nice atmosphere in autumn and winter. In terms of german cemetaries it is quite unusual.
The lovely Alter Sudlicher...
The lovely Alter Sudlicher Friedhof (cemetery) that I loved in September looked even more amazing in the snow.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Great room rates
Munich Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tettegouche State Park Hotels
- Kelawai Hotels
- Butuan City
- Marikina Hotels
- Villaricos Hotels
- Jamaica Off The Beaten Path
- Atlanta Off The Beaten Path
- Nashville Off The Beaten Path
- Charleston Off The Beaten Path
- Alabama Off The Beaten Path
- Crete Island Off The Beaten Path
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- New York City Off The Beaten Path
- Vermont Off The Beaten Path
- Salt Lake City Off The Beaten Path
- Lexington Off The Beaten Path
- Chattanooga Off The Beaten Path