Know about this? Rate It!
Zentrum Aussergewöhnlicher Museen
In Westenrieder Strasse ( it is a small street beginning on Viktualienmarkt and leading to Isartor ) you may visit a museum that includes many small, but interesting museums, like :
Tretautomuseum / Pedal-car-museum
Nachttopfmuseum / Chamber-pot-museum
Osterhasenmuseum / Easter bunny museum
Schutzengelmuseum / Guardian Angel museum
Parfumfläschchen museum / museum of Scent
The museum is open daily, including holidays :
10.00a.m. - 06.00p.m.
Please have a look on the link below !
On my picture : a chime in Sendlingerstrasse, opposite of Asamkirche
- Family Travel
- Women's Travel
ZAM - Extraordinary Museums indeed!!!!!!!!
The ZAM (Zentrum für außergewöhnliche Museen = Center for extraordinary museems) is a museum consisting of several small museums:
- a pedal car museum
- the potty museum
- the Sissi museum (Sissi was the last Austrian empress)
- an Easterbunny museum
- a "bourdalou" museum
- a perfume bottle/flacon museum
- a guardian angel museum
It is really excing and fun and you should try to visit!
Here is the address:
Westenriederstr. 41, 80331 München
- Museum Visits
If you want to see something...
If you want to see something really extraordinary and weird museum, go to museum called ZAM (Zentrum für Außergewöhnliche Museen), located in Westenriederstrasse 41, close to Isartor S-bahn-stadion. It has received numerous Guinness awards from the biggest collection of 'things'. Check the link out and find out what is all about. This one was weird.
Centre of Museums of Out-of-the-Ordinary Subjects
Behind the abbreviation of ýZAMý - as this collection of museums is called - hide small museums dedicated to an incredible array of things and people - like Empress Sissi, Easter Bunnies, chamber pots, toy cars, odours and locksmiths. I could not even imagine somebody would make a museum dedicated to at least one of the subjects (save, maybe, toy cars) - so to find them all there wasý funny, I guess, and interesting, too.
S-Bahn: Isartor station. Trams 18 and 20
Open: Daily 10am-6pm.
Entrance fee of 4 Euros is applicable, but this curious place deserves the money paid.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Munich Travel Guide
Explore the World
- McCalla Hotels
- Mooresfield Hotels
- Soldier Key Hotels
- Jementah Hotels
- La Turbie
- Sochi Off The Beaten Path
- Dumaguete City Off The Beaten Path
- Cherkasy Off The Beaten Path
- Exotic animals
- Paderborn Off The Beaten Path
- Orvieto Off The Beaten Path
- Hawaii (State of) Off The Beaten Path
- Worthing Off The Beaten Path
- Isle of Man Off The Beaten Path
- Banff Town
- Provincia de Coclé Off The Beaten Path
- Eritrea Off The Beaten Path