Weisses Brauhaus, Munich

4 out of 5 stars 4 Stars - 22 Reviews

View of inside
    Schweinhaxen remaining
    by BruceDunning
    View of the corner with signage
  • Weisses Brauhaus Munich: The worst place I have ever been

by danarelle Written Dec 9, 2009

I have never been confronted with such rude, dismissive and down right aggressive staff in my life. This place is a tourist trap and the staff should be used to dealing with tourists. After circling the place for about half an hour to find a table we were were blanked by four sour faced waitresses for over half an hour.

Living in London, I understand that dealing with tourists can be tiring.Therefore I am polite and patient when in another country, particularly if I dont speak the language. So when I approached a staff member after having waited patiently for so long I did not expect to be screamed at. Literally screamed at.

I think the problem was the 4 staff who blanked us for over half an hour were not the particular waiters for our table. She was. The fact that none of the staff had the courtesy to tell us and her response was to scream was just astounding.

Unsurprisingly we left. Luckily we spent 4 days in Munich and met some really lovely people - if our only experience had been of this place I would have quite the wrong impression of Munich and its residents.

Avoid at all costs, unless of course you enjoy being screamed, or ignored, by sour faced miserable staff.

• kenbac's Profile Photo

Weisses Bräuhaus: Weisses Bräuhaus

by kenbac Updated Sep 7, 2003

Weisses Br��uhaus

This is a great place. Used to contain the brewery where Schneider Weisse was brewed, but space forced the brewing to move out. The Schnieder Weisse remains unchanged and excellent.

Favorite Dish: The Weisswurst (Munich White Sausage) is superb

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo

Weisses Brauhaus.: Weisses Brauhaus.

by richiecdisc Updated Aug 24, 2002

Home of the original weissbier, a spicy wheat beer that nearly became extinct and is now very much in vogue again. :) Try the Adventinus, a dangerously drinkable strong and spicy brew.

Favorite Dish: You simply must have weisswurst here, a delectable white veal sausage. Remember to peel off the skin before eating it.

• MLW20's Profile Photo

Weisses Brauhaus: Great atmosphere not my kind of food

by MLW20 Written May 7, 2007

I heard that Weisses had some of the best local food in Munich. However after seeing the menu I decided that local food was not so much my thing. The menu was very limited- it had a fish dish or two and then all different pork dishes.

The beer at Weisses was pretty good as was the service and atmosphere.

Favorite Dish: The potato pancakes were pretty good but a bit greasy.

• Beer Tasting

• Voyageuse30's Profile Photo

Weisses Brauhaus: Great beer, great food, great atmosphere

by Voyageuse30 Written Nov 7, 2003

Weisses Brauhaus, Munich

Since I do not speak German, I just picked something off the menu and took my chances. I loved whatever I had! It was something made with egg and potatoes. The beer was awesome too.

• black_mimi99's Profile Photo

Weisses Brauhaus: Traditional Munich Style

by black_mimi99 Written Apr 27, 2012

waisses Brauhaus

It's a traditional food of Munich since long time ago as long as the building.... nice building and great food...

• tabatha's Profile Photo

Weisses Bräuhaus: Weisses Bräuhaus

by tabatha Written Sep 2, 2002

It´s not so touristic like the hofbräuhaus and the food is deffinitly better.

Favorite Dish: Schwammerlsosse mit Semmelknödel (i really don´t know how to translate this)

Instant Answers: Munich

Comments

Hotels Near Weisses Brauhaus
4.0 out of 5 stars