The Antiquarium is a large and extremely beautiful Renaissance hall. The ceilings re beautifully decorated in typical Baroque style
The palace was the residence and centre of power of the Bavarian dukes, electors and kings for five hundred years. It is now a museum.
The 130 rooms have been filled with furniture and oil paintings, tapestries and porcelain. Numerous special collections such as silver, porcelain or relic rooms can also be viewed.
The Antiquarium is the largest and most beautiful Renaissance hall north of the Alps. It was built around 1570 for the antique collection of Duke Albrecht V and later used as a festival hall.