Know about this?
YOu can do better someplace else to purchase items to eat, take home such as cheese, meats and spices, etc, of tourist items to take home. There is such a demand and crowds at the market that they do not have to compete for better prices. It seems to be mostly set for the tourists; either foreign, or Duetsch.
A beer costs 4-5 Euro for 1/2L and the brat maybe 4-5 Euro.
Jacked up prices for Oktoberfest
I know, big surprise, but the prices of everything around Munich are jacked up during Oktoberfest.
We paid over $300 night for a hotel room (it was very nice, however)
A liter of beer in the beer tents is about 8 euros
A pretzel at the beer tent is 4 euros (they are huge though)
Everything at the fairgrounds is a lot of money...
The farther you wander from the fairgrounds, the more reasonable. We had dessert and drinks at the Hofbrauhaus, and I dare say prices were normal.
- Beer Tasting
- Budget Travel
I found that telephone calls and even one page faxes from the hotel were terribly expensive! I think everything in Germany is expensive.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Great room rates
Munich Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Clearwater Beach Hotels
- Anaheim Hotels
- Great Bridge Hotels
- Cactus Flat Hotels
- Male Island
- State of Jammu and Kashmir
- Rome Warnings and Dangers
- Marseille Warnings and Dangers
- San Francisco Warnings and Dangers
- Srinagar Warnings and Dangers
- Ukraine Warnings and Dangers
- Lisbon Warnings and Dangers
- Be aware of Call Girls
- Penang Warnings and Dangers
- Lombok Warnings and Dangers
- Munnar Warnings and Dangers
- Odessa Warnings and Dangers
- Florence Warnings and Dangers