Neuburg an der Donau Sports & Outdoors

• iaint's Profile Photo

Danube Bike Trail

by iaint Written Apr 26, 2013
    1st view of ND

For my April 13 visit to the town, I cycled over from Ingolstadt. 24km each way. Took me 1.75 hrs, plus a couple of water breaks along the way.

There’s an excellent cycle path all the way, following the Donau on the north bank. No traffic... I’m told it gets pretty busy “in season” but not a problem in April.

It’s part of the Danube Bike Trail, which begins in Donaueschingen and ends at the Black Sea - a total of 2875km.

Equipment: Beer tokens - you'll need them.

Water - also compulsory.

• Cycling

• iaint's Profile Photo

Parkbad

by iaint Written Feb 19, 2012

The local swimming pool complex. After we’d spent 30 minutes doing a few laps, we went into the outdoor pool. Warm water and air temperature of about -10°c. Wonderful! I recommend it.

Friday afternoon about 4 it was busy, but not horrible.

Equipment: Swimming stuff, towel, shampoo, comb etc. The usual.

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

Fishing

by Gili_S Written Oct 3, 2004

I did not try fishing myself and I have no idea what kind of fish you can catch here. But while walking by the Danube River I noticed some young people trying fishing. If you do intent to fish, better to check first with the authorities about local laws and rules.

• Fishing

• Gili_S's Profile Photo

The swimming pool

by Gili_S Updated Oct 3, 2004

It was August, the temperatures were on the mid 30s, what is better then taking the kids to cool down at the local city swimming pool park. It is a great facility for having fun the whole day.

Equipment: There are 4 swimming pools and water carousel, what more you need?

Instant Answers: Neuburg an der Donau

Comments

Neuburg an der Donau Sports & Outdoors

Reviews and photos of Neuburg an der Donau sports & outdoors posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Neuburg an der Donau sightseeing.

View all Neuburg an der Donau hotels