Markets, Nürnberg

• balhannah's Profile Photo

TRODELMARKT

by balhannah Written Jul 4, 2013

Frogs @ Trodelmarkt

The Trodelmarkt is no longer a Pig market from the Middle ages, nor is it an area for selling junk. Today, it's a very smart shopping area where I found small boutiques, jewelery stores, wooden toy shops, and any other upmarket type of shop you can think of. I found some nice wooden toys and some very cute Frogs for all those "Frog" collectors. It was a nice area to sit outdoors at one of the many Cafes.
    The Nuremberg Trodelmarkt is located between Unschlittplatz and the Karlsbrucke .

• Luxury Travel
    • Women's Travel

• Airpunk's Profile Photo

Market Square

by Airpunk Written Jan 25, 2008

Nuernberg Market Square

Unlike other large cities in Germany, there is still a regular market on the main market square in the city center. I don’t have any information about the time when the market was held first, but it is supposed to be among the oldest in Germany. Today it is held on weekdays during daytime, but again, I have no information about the exact hours.
    Nuernberg was one of the focus city of the Nazi party and so the suqare was renamed Adolf Hitler Square. After the end of WWII, the Hitler name was removed. On the market square, you will find the Schöner Brunnen (Beautiful Fountain) and the church of our lady as main sights. From there, you can see also two of the most important churches in Nuernberg: The Sebalduskirche and the Lorenzkirche.

• marenloo's Profile Photo

The ChristKindle market of...

by marenloo Written Feb 25, 2003

The ChristKindle market of Nuremberg starts in November every year in lorence church square.This market is very famous.
    Millions of people from the whole Europe visit it regularly.I enjoyed watching them going around ,eating christmass sweets ,drinking christmass wine and
    buying special presents which seem asif were small toys of kids..but they were hand made .I asked my friend Mr .Schutz about them who just said I can’t tell what these things express for us in the christmass.As a muslim I think I had got the meaning even I was not fully convinced but the problem is a matter of ideology.For example ,I never drink wine ,and when I wanted to buy the special mug of Nurembeg christmass market they said I had to buy it full of wine .They did not get my dogma that I don’t pay for wine because it’s forbidden in my religion and my ideology so it’s better for me to give the money to who deserve it . Finally , one of my friends bought the mug , drank the wine and give it to me as a present………
    It was kind of him!!! Badly ..When I’m back home my mother break this mug by mistake.

• Wine Tasting

• mauro_pd's Profile Photo

Sightseeing

by mauro_pd Updated Dec 15, 2006

Do not let yourself be overwhelmed just with the market itself ... surrounding buildings are even better with all the lights on.

• Architecture

• Traub's Profile Photo

just walk down from the...

by Traub Written Aug 24, 2002

just walk down from the railway to the middle of the town. This is the main market and the Frauen-church. At the north site is the Nuremberg tourist information.

Instant Answers: Nürnberg