Rothenburg ob der Tauber Shopping

• First Christmas tree ornament we bought together
    First Christmas tree ornament we bought...
    by CatherineReichardt
  • Shopping
    by balhannah
  • Best jewelry, clock and watch shop in Rothenburg
    Best jewelry, clock and watch shop in...
    by aussirose

Best Rated Shopping in Rothenburg ob der Tauber

• iaint's Profile Photo

Käthe Wohlfahrt: weird or wonderful?

by iaint Written Sep 26, 2011

This is weird. I can’t describe it any other way.

It’s a Christmas shop. It sells Christmas stuff all year. I’d never heard of such a thing.

I’m told it’s very famous. Certainly it makes an impression. Have to confess I’m in the “Christmas belongs to December” crowd on a good day. Hate it with a vengeance on a bad day.

So, if you want to buy Christmas decorations or presents all year round, this is ideal for you!

My wallet was not disturbed.

What to buy: Christmas stuff, if you really must.

What to pay: Not sure. I denied myself.

• SandiM's Profile Photo

Any Bakery: Schneeballs in RODT

by SandiM Written Apr 29, 2008

Go to any bakery in RODT and select your choice of Schneeball. If you go to a bakery called 'Diller's' (and apparently there are a few of them around town), you will certainly get a wide variety of Schneeball to sample (chcolate covered, cinnamon, powder sugar, speckled, etc), and these are all machine-made, I am told. Other bakeries sell hand-made. My take on this particular foodstuff is this: a Schneeball is the product of leftover pastry cut from pies, etc and fisted up into a ball, then deep fried briefly before being coated with various sweet concoctions. It is generally a firm pastry, therefore a firm bite is needed. I nibbled, slowly, taking 2 days to finish one Schneeball at various tea times. My hotel staff advised me that Diller's bakeries produce machine-made Schneeballs, but you can also purchased the hand-made ones as well at other bakeries (so decide if you want authentic or not!). The dough itself was quite bland, it was the coating that made it slightly more interesting. It's a must to try in this city, but be prepared to take your time eating it. Around 2.20 euro at time of this printing (April 2008).

What to pay: 2.20 euro (at time of this printing)

• Knoto's Profile Photo

???: Knights equipment

by Knoto Written Jan 11, 2005

Thats one of these shops where you can buy items you never need for a very high price...
    I think you find shops like this in every Town with so many tourists. but if you like these stuff....please buy it.

What to buy: I think these armour cost 3000 euro.

What to pay: everythink you want....

• davequ's Profile Photo

Xmas ornaments

by davequ Updated Jul 29, 2004

Rothenburg is definitely the place to get your authentic German Christmas season decorations and ornaments.

Also lots of shops with unique, hand-made toys for children.

The website listed below is for just one of many places in town center where you can buy lots of holiday furnishings and toys.

Fröhliche Weihnachten und ein glückliches Neues Jahr!

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo

Lots of places to buy souvenirs

by imlikeabird Written Jan 23, 2007

A toy storefront

No particular shop, just meandor around the town and you will find no shortage of places to shop for souvenirs. In particular, we found lots of toy stores, souvenir shops, and Christmas decorations.

What to buy: I really truly wish I remembered the name of shop, but it's on one of the main streets. My favorite store contained suits of armor, swords, and masks. See photos attached!

What to pay: Your average postcards, etc. Unless you buy a suit of armor, of course. Truly, you can buy (great) food for reasonable prices, parking is marginal, and not buy anything else and still enjoy the town for hours

• chodearm's Profile Photo

Anneliese Friese 2

by chodearm Updated Jan 24, 2005

The owner and our new magnet

Our first day Yuki and I walked into this store to find a map of the town. The woman kindly handed us one from behind the counter. We were on the Cuckoo Clock hunt on day two and ended up back in the same confines. Upon entering, the woman came over to us and sat staring at Yuki as our eyes were pasted on the swinging pendulums of the clocks.

"You a beauty" the woman said, as she stood lock eyed on Yuki.
    "You were here yesterday" she finished.

With all the people that must drop in she remembered us. She was so sweet. She autographed a map and gave it to us and than gave us a replica of our clock in the magnet form (pictured) to, as she put it, "show your friends".

• Hiking and Walking

Christmas Market: Christmass things

by ophiro Written Mar 10, 2014

If you want to buy special things for Christmas , the Christmas market is just for you.

Located just a few meters from the main market square of the city with many Christmas decorations and of course other items.

The store is very colorful and beautiful and there is a Christmas museum here also (something like 4 Euro entrance).

What to buy: Christmas things , decorations and other items

Schneeballen: Special Pastry from the city

by ophiro Written Mar 10, 2014

Schneeballen is a round 8-10 diameter pastry that is very famous in Rothenburg.
    There are places that sell the pastry all over the city.
    I bought the one i've ate in front of St Jakob church.

What to buy: Schneeballen of course.

TeddyLand: For TeddyBear Lovers

by ophiro Updated Mar 11, 2014

For any teddybear lover this store will be great , while offers many teddy bears , not only plush bears but also bears made from wood or ceramics .
    You will find here more accessories like do it yourself accessories.

What to buy: Teddybear stuff

• Roeffie's Profile Photo

Any bakery in Rothenburg!: Buy some snowballs!

by Roeffie Written Jul 4, 2005

Snowballs

What to buy: Buy some snowballs or Schnee kugeln. Almost every bakery in Rothenburg has those things!

Mind the calories though it's some kind of pie!

Instant Answers: Rothenburg ob der Tauber

Comments

Rothenburg ob der Tauber Shopping

Reviews and photos of Rothenburg ob der Tauber shopping posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Rothenburg ob der Tauber sightseeing.

View all Rothenburg ob der Tauber hotels