Weißenburg in Bayern Restaurants

• iaint's Profile Photo

Zum Güldenen Ritter: local charm

by iaint Written May 15, 2012
    entrance hall

A very traditional Franconian Gasthof (dating from 1870) which has just been renovated - in fact the paint was still smelling when we were there and the Biergarten was not quite finished.

As it happened, it was cool and cloudy (mid May) so sitting outside was not on the agenda anyway.

The bar is warm and cosy, the menu is “typical” and the food & service were excellent. We had 6 in our group - 5 local women plus me - so a discerning bunch. I didn’t have to pay, so can’t help much about prices, but from memory the main courses were in the €9 - €13 range. Big plates of hearty local food, so bring your best appetite.

I had one of those marinated roast meat dishes with bread dumpling and red cabbage. Delicious.

Don’t expect a menu in English - this is a long way off the tourist trail!

The village is on the Altmühl valley, so if you’re exploring the Altmühltal area it’s a good spot for lunch or dinner

Favorite Dish: My roast... it's all I had!

• National/State Park

• tessy's Profile Photo

Wittelsbacher Hof: Semmelknoedel with Pfifferlingen

by tessy Updated Feb 8, 2004

Semmelknoedel mit Pfifferlingen

We arrived in Weissenburg in the afternoon, about 4pm. At that time, restaurants are usually closed. But we were lucky to find Wittelsbacher Hof, which was open. Semmelknoedel and Pfifferlinge is a bavarian dish. I like it a lot, and it was delicious.

• Theme Park Trips

Instant Answers: Weißenburg in Bayern

Comments

Weißenburg in Bayern Travel Guide

Weißenburg in Bayern Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Weißenburg in Bayern restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Weißenburg in Bayern sightseeing.

View all Weißenburg in Bayern hotels