Weißenburg in Bayern Travel Guide

lots of light
    well presented

Weißenburg in Bayern Things to Do

• Altmühltherme

This is a thermal bath/swimming pool complex in the centre of Treuchtlingen, just a few kilometres down the road from Weißenburg. The warm water is from a natural thermal spring discovered when the local brewery sank a well to obtain fresh water. A lot of money has been invested recently with a view to obtaining “Bad” status. I’m reliably informed...

• Roman baths

On the outskirts of town lies a museum housing the remains of a Roman bath complex. This was open on Easter Sunday. I’m glad, because it was discovered by my guides‘ late father and they’re rightly proud of it. He was a civil engineer and it was uncovered during one of his projects. They think he was also involved in the construction of the...

• Townhall

When walking around the townhall you'll see how nice it looks from the side. I like the roof so much!

Weißenburg in Bayern Restaurants

• local charm

A very traditional Franconian Gasthof (dating from 1870) which has just been renovated - in fact the paint was still smelling when we were there and the Biergarten was not quite finished.As it happened, it was cool and cloudy (mid May) so sitting outside was not on the agenda anyway. The bar is warm and cosy, the menu is “typical” and the food &...

• Semmelknoedel with Pfifferlingen

We arrived in Weissenburg in the afternoon, about 4pm. At that time, restaurants are usually closed. But we were lucky to find Wittelsbacher Hof, which was open. Semmelknoedel and Pfifferlinge is a bavarian dish. I like it a lot, and it was delicious.

• Weißenburg in Bayern Hotels

0 Hotels in Weißenburg in Bayern

Weißenburg in Bayern Transportation

by tessy Written Feb 8, 2004

Well, Weissenburg is a small place, so you have to walk to explore it. Here my girls and me on our way along the city wall

Weißenburg in Bayern Shopping

by tessy Written Feb 8, 2004

As we stayed there only for a short time, we didn't buy anything. But I like the old signs of the shops

old sign

Weißenburg in Bayern Favorites

by tessy Updated Feb 8, 2004

Favorite thing: As we ate at Wittelsbacher Hof, we just walked along and didn't take a seat at one pubs of the outdoor pubs on the marketsquare.

market place

Instant Answers: Weißenburg in Bayern

Comments

Explore Deeper into Weißenburg in Bayern
Schranne