Bremen Nightlife

Most Recent Nightlife in Bremen

• halikowski's Profile Photo

Staendige Vertrag

by halikowski Written Sep 17, 2009

Opposite the Glockenspiel in Boettcherstrasse you will find this lively open-style bar. The walls are covered in political photos from the time of the Second World War onwards, so you will recognise Adenauer, Willi Brandt, Schmidt, Helmut Kohl, Kinkel. It is a Westphalen `franchise' with all the consequent specialities: the beer is weaker than normal, but served in 0.2 litre glasses, so it stays fresh. Unknowing visitors will be confused by the menu: the food advertised does not reflect on what you will get i.e. order caviar, and you will get sausage. This is the Westphalian type of humour apparently, a bit like COckney rhyming slang is special to London.

• Typical Nighttime in Bremen

by justmenow Written Dec 27, 2008

Racism in German discotheques; BEING BLACK IS NOT A CRIME!

I am an international student who’s lived in Bremen Germany for the past three years. Throughout this period I’ve interacted with several German’s and would personally say most Germans are the nicest people I’ve ever met. This is however when you personally interact with these people after a certain duration. However when it comes to certain social events Germans can become one of the most racist Homo sapiens ever to hit this planet.
    As I first pointed out I have lived in this city for three years and therefore I am very acquainted to its lifestyle and customs. Most German discos on a boring day when customers aren’t flooding in would accept “Anybody” even if they came in a clown suit or in the most “gangster” outfit as if in reminiscence of Tupac or Snoop Dogg. That is of course because they need their revenue. On a busy day, the security men recite their favorite quote to anybody not Caucasian “kein party” which translates no party.
    In fact I’m really puzzled when most Germans claim they knew nothing about the Holocaust. I mean how hard is it to notice the disappearance of about SIX MILLION SAME ETHNIC PEOPLE! This is precisely what is occurring at the discotheques. After standing in a long line in a bloody cold weather, at the end of your endeavor the security man as if it’s the only sentence they ever memorized in their life recites “no party” and redirects you while the other Caucasian behind you simply pass by and enter. What surprises me is that the “friendly” by standers (Germans, Caucasians etc) won’t utter a word. This is simply “OPEN DISCRIMINATION” but nobody cares! I mean if the disco organizers don’t want Blacks, Turks or any other minorities there they can stop wasting our time by writing under their nicely decorated sign boards “NO BLACKS OR MINORITIES ALLOWED”. It is not only time wasting but also embarrassing to be pushed aside simply due to racial affinity. It is demeaning to be black in Germany.
    I could go more into details about the nightlife in Bremen. Rather in conclusion, what I would like to say to other International travelers coming to Bremen and want to have a blast is please avoid clubs like Stubu, La Viva, Starlight, New York New York, Mirage etc, if you are not of Caucasian origin. I don’t regret being born Black and I don’t wish to be White. What I wish is for the cowardly security men to have the decency to tell me in my face I cannot party here because I’m BLACK!

• Study Abroad
    • Work Abroad

• Along river Weser: Christmas decoration

by sugithajai Written Dec 26, 2008

Bremen, at Night

This photo was taken during the christmas decoration along the river weser. there were stalls, which sells all items including souveniers, caps, ornaments, food etc. It was really nice to see them at night.

Dress Code: Nothing

• Turska's Profile Photo

Schüttinger: good beers

by Turska Updated Dec 11, 2008

My customer told me about this place,and when she knew that we also like tste beers of local brewerys,she told we should go here.It was good choise.I noticed later,that someone else had tipped this in VT but he didn´t like the beer.We liked it a lot,so we went here every night(three nights).I once tried blond beer,but it was not so good.I usally prefer dark ones anyway,and my husband allmost never takes blond beer,if dark is available.
    After terrible tasting Beck´s at brewery,this was very good.
    We didn´t eat anything.We tried to have those big prezels at first night,but we should have gone upstairs to get it.And it was so full of people(at friday night),that we thought that we will not want to go trough it.
    Paints were dropping from the walls,but it kind of suited this place.There was disco somewhere,but it was so full,that we didn´t even try to go and see it.We would actually prefer it without that kind of music.We went also at sunday-night,and music was different then.I don´t remeber what-but nothing disturbing.

Dress Code: No dress code!We saw people like coming from sports-treens and some at party-dresses :D

• Beer Tasting

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Bremen pubs

by barryg23 Updated Apr 21, 2005

Prost!

After dinner in the Schuttinger we were heading back to Hamburg when I decided I had to have just one more Krauser Beck's. I can't remember the name of the pub, but it's easy to find, next door to the Schuttinger on Hinter den Schutting. The service was poor, though, more importantly, the beer was excellent and they had free chocolate sweets on the tables!

• Twangy's Profile Photo

Meisenfrei: Midnight Blues

by Twangy Written Jan 7, 2004

Whenever I go to Bremen, THIS is my favourite bar for some cheap drinks and good music (blues and rock). Meisenfrei is both a beer pub and a live music hall, the concerts usually take place on friday and saturday nights.

Dress Code: No dress code

• schnezana's Profile Photo

There are hundreds.: Like lodging, there are many discos and pubs.

by schnezana Updated Apr 10, 2003

Just like any other disco, pub or bar...just in German!

Dress Code: For the most part Bremen is a very casually dressed city, if you go someplace elegant dress appropriately. Otherwise anything from jeans to formal.

• will2710's Profile Photo

so many choices, ask around:...

by will2710 Written Sep 8, 2002

so many choices, ask around: you're sure to find your flavor (this one is an expensive, trendy cigar bar--you gotta treat yourself sometimes). That's one of my best friends, and host, Jorg second from the left--yes, big German guy with a big girly drink.

• Pavlik_NL's Profile Photo

Bremen, aluminated nightlife

by Pavlik_NL Written Sep 8, 2002

Wonderful aluminations along the riverbanks

Bremen, as a central city for the North-west of Germany has a very alive, yet very safe nightlife. Luckely, here fights, robbery and violence are not that common as in some bigger towns seem to be necesary (I don't understand why, but ...). Most monuments are romantically lit and the choice for café, bar, discotheque, club or concert is wide.

Instant Answers: Bremen

• JosephF6's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Bremen is an absolutely AMAZING city. I was stationed in the Army just north of Bremen, and frequented the discoteks and bars. Here's a pointer........ If you don't want to get denied into a club in Germany..... LEARN THE LANGUAGE !! I lived there for 5 years, and I never once was denied access into a club. As an American U.S. Army soldier, I would get into clubs when other Americans that lived there couldn't just because I would speak German at the door. It's not being racist.... It's just being selective. Too many problems with foreigners in German clubs. I recall a HUGE problem between Turks and Americans in Bremen/Bremerhaven. It's to protect all of their clients.

Bremen Nightlife

Reviews and photos of Bremen nightlife posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bremen sightseeing.