Bremen Restaurants

by Toshioohsako

Most Recent Restaurants in Bremen

Maharaja: Curry time!

by bonio Written Sep 29, 2009

A Saturday evening arrival in Bremen for us and spotted this Indian restaurant close to our hotel, Saturday is a very good day for a curry!
    Anyway, all the usual offerings on the menu and our meal nicely cooked and very tasty, certainly a good choice. Plenty of vegetarian choices for Mrs B and at a reasonable price too.
    Borrowed the photo from their website, my picture was rubbish, hope they don't mind!

• bonio's Profile Photo

Hofbräuhaus: A trip to Munich?

by bonio Updated Sep 29, 2009

A little piece of Munich transported to Bremen! a visit a must once we spotted it.
    Large and comfortable inside but a warm morning and plenty of room in the courtyard beergarden.
    Beer and food up to standard, enjoyed our visit here.

Schüttinger Gasthausbrauerei: Good brewpub

by bonio Updated Sep 28, 2009

We always try to visit a pub with house brewed beers, and this city centre bar was a good find.
    A couple of tasty beers to try and an interesting food menu, enough vegetarian choices for Mrs B.
    Very busy when we arrived and lucky to find a seat.
    Enjoyed our evening here.

• mtaiwai's Profile Photo

Surabaja: Authentic Indonesian

by mtaiwai Written Aug 9, 2009

It seems the shop has been around for 40 years or more. The Indonesian fare is simply out of the world. And you dont have to ask the proprietor to "wenig salz bitte" or "kurang garam". The dishes came in just the taste as it should be of Indonesian food. I especially like the Gado-gado. The sate sauce is simply irresistable.. Or maybe because I am in Germany for too long already?

Favorite Dish: Gado gado
    Nasi goreng
    Nasi Ayam kicap

• Tonttuliina's Profile Photo

Konditorei Knigge: Delicious cakes!

by Tonttuliina Updated Dec 14, 2008

Enjoy a piece of delicious cake and a coffee in this coffee house. You see at least a dozen different cakes behind the counter as you enter the coffeehouse. Tell them which cake you want to taste and they will give you a piece of paper with a number and a price on it. Go and find a table. Wait until the waitress comes and takes your order and give her the piece of paper. After a moment the waitress will bring you a big piece of the cake and your drink. Don't count the calories on this one!
    The ladies' room is located downstairs, and you might like to pay a tip to the cleaning lady there.

Favorite Dish: My favorite dish? I didn't taste all of the cakes so I really cannot tell!!

• Women's Travel
    • Singles

Cafe Garde: Breakfast

by Turska Written Dec 11, 2008

We didn´t have breakfast at hotel,so we went here for a tea/coffee and a roll.They had simple rolls,so it was easy to pick up something.Seems like Germans like rolls with lots of different fillings,and if you are allergic to something it´s hard to ask what is in,if you don´t speak german.So this was easy,and fresh.Nothing special,but o.k.And not very expenisve.There was at least two of these.This one is at Dome-squere

Pizza Pazza: Delicius pasta

by Turska Written Dec 10, 2008

They had lots of different pastas,and all of them you could order owen-baked with mozzarella.It is not a diet-food that way,but sooo good,and sometimes you have to let yourself eat unhealthy!They also had good looking tiramisu,but we were to full to taste it.
    There was quite quiet,but I hope they will have more customers,because we will certainly go here again,if we go to Bremen.
    I allmost wet my mouth writing this.

Favorite Dish: Those of you,who know me,won´t get surpriced..My favourite was spaghetti aglio e olio(=with garlic and chili and oliveoil)and now I got it owenbaked.I would love melted cheese on many things,if it wouldn´t be too unhealthy..
    My husband had pasta bolognese owenbaked-good also,he said.
    Two owenbaked pastas with two big weatbeers was 25e!!!So cheap!

Johnny B Goods: American foods

by Turska Updated Dec 10, 2008

We went here because they had potatoskins.For some reason we "love"them,and they are not served anywhere in Finland.
    It was looking a lot like all American restaurants(otside USA at least-I haven´t been to USA),all old adds at walls and little western style maybe.
    IWe had of course those potatoskins-witch were good,but not best we had.Then I had some kind of tortilla baked at owen with chicken inside and my husband had hamburger.My portion was quite good(chips at photo didn´t include,we ordered them),but it was little too dry,and I was not so happy finding tomatos inside-it was not said at menu.Luckily I´m not allergic,I just don´t like them,so I took biggest parts away-but it´s quite common to be allergic to tomatos,so funny that it wasn´t mentioned.
    My husband said,that hamburger was little boring-nothing wrong,but he would not order it again anyway.It was quite popular,and at least at friday-night we had to wait for allmost an hour to get the food!

Favorite Dish: Potato skins :D

Maredo: Mexican

by Turska Updated Dec 10, 2008

We went here because of one tip at VT.Food was good,allthough the stake had not so good potatos.There was nothing wrong with them,but they tasted like sam,as ones sold in Finnland at shops freezer to make at home.So not like made there.Also there could be more potatos.Othervice it was good,and the other portion,fajitas was huge-so the difference between portions was big.
    Could go here again,but nothing VERY special.

Favorite Dish: Steak was good,meat was excellent.My husband took fajitas,and they seemed to be be even better.I usually eat fajitas only at home,becouse there allways toomuch sweet pepper for me at these places.I don´t like the taste.Here they didn´t even have jalopenos at all-witch I was hoping to steal some from my husband ;)

• Xfire's Profile Photo

Maschinenraum: Excellent food! Good cocktails!

by Xfire Written Mar 14, 2008

I have just discovered this place.

The cocktails are very good, the atmosphere is friendly and welcoming.

The menu card is not to big, they have just a few meals such as salad, soups and pizza. And then there is a big choice of pasta. See fav. dish.

Worth a try, big portions!

Favorite Dish: The Pasta in the Maschinenraum is just too good to be true. You can choose e'thing. Spagetti, Gnocci, Tagliatelle and Tortellini with five different sauces and about twenty included other things(Pepper, onions etc.). You combine either yourself or you tell the cook just to do s'thing out of it, he never fails. You can also get meat and fish with it which is about two Euros more than the veg option(6,90 Euros).

• TankerT's Profile Photo

Bremer Ratskeller: THE place to eat in Bremen.

by TankerT Written Oct 30, 2006

Entrance to the Bremer Ratskeller

This resturant is one you probably want to be wearing something a bit more dressy than jeans and a t-shirt. The food is somewhat upscale, and the wines are fantastic. This is a great place to take someone for a nice meal. It is popular, and crowded, so don't expect a lot of privacy... unless you sit in one of their enclosed booths. (Don't know how to describe them otherwise.) The menus also have english subtext for easy ordering.

Definitely a must visit for the "nice" meal on your vacation in Bremen.

Favorite Dish: My favorite was the Rinderfilet mit Pfefferrahmsauce. It was a pricey option for their menu, but for something this good in a resturant in America, I would have paid at least twice as much. It was done perfectly, and the potatoes with it were fantastic!

• blanter's Profile Photo

Flett - Die Staendige Vertretung: Restaurant Flett

by blanter Written Aug 4, 2006

The restaurant is located at Boettcherstrasse - a piece of old Bremen that survived during the war. The tables are just below the clock showing the inventions and discoveries.

Favorite Dish: Check fish. Crab soup is fantastic.

• TimDK's Profile Photo

SubWay: In for a good sandwich?

by TimDK Written Jun 5, 2006

SubWay is a food chain where they sell delicious sandwiches.

You can choose between various sizes and types of bread and can have any garniture you like. Definately recommended when you want to have a quick and decent bite!

Favorite Dish: Italian Sandwich with Turkey Breast, cheese and Mexican hot sauce is my favorite: it's a very tasty sandwich which you can have either cold or warm. Go for the warm one and ask for Mexican hot sauce if you like spicy food.

Bar Celona: Good place for food and drinks

by TimDK Written Jun 5, 2006

At the corner of the "Schlachte" you'll find Bar Celona.

The pub/restaurant has a nice interior and great service. Due to the amount of people that can eat there the noise is sometimes a bit disturbing.This is not the ideal place to have a face-to-face romantic dinner with your wife or girlfriend.

Plenty of choice for food and drinks on the menu so you're sure to find something to your likings.

Favorite Dish: I'm a pasta lover so I'd recommend the lasagna.

For drinks make sure to give the Beck's Green Lemon a try: it's less alcoholic (2,5%) than the Becks Gold and has a sweet refreshing taste. The Lemon isn't exported so you'll only be able to find this in Germany.

• Work Abroad

• TimDK's Profile Photo

Camarillo: Good food at fair prices

by TimDK Written Jun 5, 2006

This is one of the first places you'll come across on the "Schlachte". The "Schlachte" is a new and upcoming area near the river where you can find trendy pubs, bars and restaurants.

Camarillo has a large choice of cocktails, beers and other drinks. The food choices are a bit more limited and are more for the "small" hunger. Pastas, rolls and sandwiches is mainly what you'll find on the card.

Favorite Dish: If you like hot and spicy go for the Penne with Salami and Paprikas. Definately worth it.

• Work Abroad

Instant Answers: Bremen

Comments

Bremen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bremen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bremen sightseeing.