Been here? Rate It!
Otto Von Bismark
This massive statue was built in honour of Otto Von Bismark, who seems to ahve unified germany in the 19th Century. It was erected in the early 20th Century. He was apparently a very popular ruler, except among Catholics (as I found out from Aga) due to the Kulturkampf program.
The statue is still in good condition, though as with everything else these days, the lower reaches are adorned with grafitti.
- Budget Travel
- Arts and Culture
Otto Von Bismark Monument
Just as it was getting dark we took a stroll up to the Bismark monument. It is a HUGE monument - the largest in Hamburg and it is a bit of a climb to get up there, but there are some lovely views to be had so it's worth it!
The website gives detailed information about this monument:
Otto von Bismark Denkmal
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Book online.
- Hotels.com See maps & reviews for over 140,000 Hotels worldwide!
Hamburg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Tetlin Junction Hotels
- Muhafazat Musandam Hotels
- Bonneville Salt Flats State Park Hotels
- Munyonyo Hotels