St. Jacobi Kirche, Hamburg
The original St. James' Church was built in the 14th century, on the site of an old chapel. Since then, the church has been renovated and extended numerous times. Destroyed by bombing during World War II, but rebuilt according to the medieval design in 1963 (however, with a modern 125 meters high tower).
Some of the interior survived the bombings including three altars from the beginning of the 16th century, a pulpit from 1610, and a famous Arp Schnitger organ from 1693.
St. James' Church is one of the five principal Lutheran churches of Hamburg, Germany. The church is located directly in the city center, has a 125 m tall tower and features a famous organ by Arp Schnitger from 1693. It is dedicated to St James the Greater.
The second tower, erected in 1826/27 after the first became dilapidated, was destroyed with the rest of the church building by bombing during World War II. Only the historic interior furnishings were saved. In 1963, St. James' was rebuilt according to the medieval design, albeit with a modern spire.
This church was built in the 13th century. Inside the church, there are the famous Arp Schnitger organ and some ancient facilities used in the church.