Tourist Attractions in Hamburg

• Tourist Traps
    by rsudic

Most Viewed Tourist Traps in Hamburg

• planxty's Profile Photo

The spice of life? Probably not.

by planxty Updated Jun 14, 2012

It's perhaps a bit strong to call this a tourist trap, but there does not seem to be another category it fits in.

On a 2005 trip my ex-girlfriend and I visited the Spice museum in the harbour area (near the Dungeon). We are both keen cooks and thought it might be interesting.

It is effectively one large room with a few bags of spices, a couple of old grinders and a few maps and brief descriptions of spices.

There is also a sort of "touch, smell and taste" section, although there is little there not found in the average kitchen.

It seem to me that you are paying for the privelege of visiting their shop. A visit to a specialist spice shop would probably yield as much information.

€ 3 per person entrance, although this does include a sachet of peppercorns.

Unless you have a special interest in the subject, I wouldn't bother.

The museum is located @ Am Sandtorkai 32, 20457 should you want to go.

Unique Suggestions: Can't imagine whay you would "have to go".

Fun Alternatives: Just go for a walk around the harbour area, there are plenty of other things to see.

Red hot chilli peppers!

• Nightlife Agents Hamburg

by Nightactiv Written Mar 30, 2009

Funny Club and Party Guides in Hamburg. Tour throw the best clubs in Hamburg on the Reeperbahn.

Unique Suggestions: I was in hamburg with some friends and we heared about these crazy guides. Two nice women told us at breakfast, that they were on tour with the Nightlife Agents at the night before.

So we decided to make the same tour.

It was a very funny night on the reeperbahn. These two guides made a crazy party night with us.
    Okay, 39€ wasn`t cheap for us students, but we had vip entry in 3 Clubs and some beer.

• Study Abroad
    • Singles
    • Music

• St_Vincent's Profile Photo

Casino Reeperbahn

by St_Vincent Updated Apr 19, 2008

Perhaps not a tourist trap but I wouldn’t recommend this to any visitor looking for a proper casino experience. It is mostly electronic gaming machines and the touch screens on some of those don’t seem to work too well. For the purists, tables games are advertised on the top floor along with its own bar. All it consisted of was three Blackjack tables and two Roulette wheels and even though the place was full one of each was closed, along with the bar, and the jostling for position made the experience quite uncomfortable. Eventually I got a spot at a Blackjack table lost €50 and left thinking “well at least I can say I’ve been there and warn others about it”. Entrance fee is just €1 and you will need photo identification.

• Casino and Gambling

• chris.hh's Profile Photo

Sightseeing busses

by chris.hh Written Mar 30, 2008

Somehow I never have done this because it's not my way of travelling... If the information is as boring and filled with that many dates and numbers like the harbor boat trips accompanied with lots of jokes I could not laugh about - it just got on my nerves...
    The boat tours, however, I would still recommend - especially if you know no German - then you can get concentrated on the immense harbor and the huge ships there... Even I would do that - with earplugs;-)
    Not the busses. Too expensive for what they offer. Take the regular bus line 112 and read about what you really want to know.

• barryg23's Profile Photo

Krameramtswohnungen

by barryg23 Updated Mar 15, 2007

Krameramtswohnungen is a small street near St. Michael's church. It contains the only remaining 17th Century houses in Hamburg, built originally for widows of storekeepers but now all aimed at tourists.

The houses were very nice but there was just too many of them selling pointless souvenirs, while the amount of tourists here made it difficult to appreciate the history. We visited the street twice but on both occasions a large tour group was also there.

I would recommend visiting here at a quiet time, perhaps early morning or towards evening, when the crowds have gone.

Ruth in Krameramtswohnungen

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

I was warned

by sourbugger Updated Feb 2, 2007

The Hamburg Dungeons are a heavily promoted attraction in Hamburg, next to the Minature Wonderland. I had already written off the London Version of this chain of attractions as 'Unsuitable for adults'. I was prepared, however, to give it a go.

After having my head chopped off in the entrance doorway by (slightly too enthusiastically I might add) Mrs Sourbugger, the girl in the ticket booth said that most of the attraction was an hour long performance by actors - in German. I have no idea if they do it in English at certain times, but we decided that it was time to beat a hasty retreat and explore elsewhere.

Interestingly, the entry in the 'Hamburg in you pocket' guide (given out free all over the city) has been lifted from a website elsewhere and reads thus :

"Part of the ever-growing global Dungeon franchise, if you've ever visited one of the other places you'll know exacty what this place is about. Why would anyone want to queue for three hours and pay 15 Euro only to be scared or bored is a mystery but there you go."

I suspect that the Dungeon company don't realise this as happened, as all other attractions seem to be written up with gushing praise.

I only wish that I had written it.

Unique Suggestions: Look round for discount vouchers at the Tourist Information, and book there.

• eranda's Profile Photo

Miniatur Wunderland Hamburg

by eranda Written Jun 17, 2005

This is one of the prime reproduce railways of the world! Experience a huge scenery with houses and figures, its like natural mad made cars and trees, hills and valleys, What an experience to see this impressing world within a world! It doesn’t matter the time and the place,,,. This was unforgettable experience for the each and every visitor…

Fun Alternatives: Kultur & Gewerbespeicher
    Kehrwieder 2, Block D
    20457 Hamburg

• Architecture

• rsudic's Profile Photo

Tv Tower

by rsudic Written Sep 1, 2003

It's closed for some time and there is no notice when they will re-open it. Save your time and don't go there. We unfortunatly did !
    And there weren't any constructors !!!

Unique Suggestions: Some fun park is near so you can spend some time there.

Hamburg Hotels

Latest: Jun 22, 2014
Wikinger Hof
Latest: Oct 4, 2013

Instant Answers: Hamburg

Comments

Hamburg Tourist Traps

Travel tips and advice posted by real travelers and Hamburg locals.
Map of Hamburg