Know about this?
Hamburg has a 'Free Trading Zone'
A large part of the port of Hamburg is a 'Free Trading Zone' - so it may happen, that you enter that port-area without seeing any controls but you might be checked for cigarettes,alcohol,drugs..., when you are leaving that area again !!
better watch out for these signs at many places around the port of Hamburg ! In general the freeport may be entered, when you walk or drive through the "Alte Elbtunnel" and there are some other gates to enter the Freihafen south of Hauptbahnhof.
There will be cameras watching you and maybe they will decide to check you, when you are leaving again. Entering Freihafen is mostly no problem at all !
- Business Travel
- Budget Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Hamburg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Hat Yai
- Johnson Shut-Ins State Park Hotels
- Tai Po Hotels
- Bermuda Hotels
- Isola Palmarola Hotels
- Province of Palawan Warnings and Dangers
- Berlin Warnings and Dangers
- Puerto Vallarta Warnings and Dangers
- Santa Monica Warnings and Dangers
- The Gambia Warnings and Dangers
- Cameroon Warnings and Dangers
- Sevilla Warnings and Dangers
- Dubrovnik Warnings and Dangers
- Riyadh Warnings and Dangers
- Laos Warnings and Dangers
- Petra Warnings and Dangers
- Bucharest Warnings and Dangers