Know about this?
Late night drunks on public transport
Generally, the U and S-bahn is very safe. But as you would in any city, be aware of late night drunks, especially on the weekends, especially on days where one of Hamburg's football teams has been playing. I was told it's not so much the locals you need to watch out for, it's the visitors.
Do book your transportation for "normal times"
By four o'clock in the morning Sandy, Stu and I were ready for sleep...We got a cab back to the airport pulled out a sleeping bag and the three of us snuggled in.
Since it was so cold out we needed to stay together to keep warm....I got some sleep (I don't know how it was possible...)
Please don't resort to this, book your accomodation and train times early.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Hamburg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Sungai Besi Hotels
- Taughannock Falls State Park Hotels
- Ko Samet
- Waterdown Hotels
- Grand Canyon Hotels
- Peschiera del Garda
- Krabi Warnings and Dangers
- Santa Monica Warnings and Dangers
- Buenos Aires Warnings and Dangers
- Leh Warnings and Dangers
- warnings for women
- Cape Verde Warnings and Dangers
- Cartagena Warnings and Dangers
- Riyadh Warnings and Dangers
- Dar es Salaam Warnings and Dangers
- Bucharest Warnings and Dangers