Bad Boll Favorites

• Favorites

Most Recent Favorites in Bad Boll

Stauferland – Hohenstaufenland

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Nov 19, 2011

Favorite thing: On the Jurassic bluffs of the Swabian Alb, in a charming relaxation and hiking area Bad Boll is an ideal starting point for discovering the "Street of the Staufer" where the buildings from the Staufer period (11th/12th century) can be seen. In the nearby Göppingen (7km) on Hohenstaufen Mountain the ancestral seat of the famous Imperial family was situated.
    Bad Boll also belongs to the "European Cultural Road Heinrich Schickhardt". The spa was built in the years 1595/1596 by the Swabian building master.

You can watch my 4 min 30 sec HD Video Bad Boll Badhotel Stauferland area HD out of my Youtube channel.

You can watch my high resolution photo of Bad Boll on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 48° 38' 0.72" N 9° 36' 43.84" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Bad Boll area - Stauferland.

• Spa and Resort

Bad Boll historical background

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Written Nov 19, 2011

Bad Boll

Favorite thing: Bad Boll was first mentioned in documents in 1155. In this document, the Emperor Barbarossa confirms to the church possession of Constance that the provost of Boll is subject to interest. The oldest traces of settlement go back to the Iron Age. Shards of bricks from a Roman estate near the spa house point to the later Roman rule. Then the Alemanni came, which was an important event at the onset of the 16th century. When Duke Friedrich I of Wuerttemberg ordered the looking for salt, a sulfur source was found at a large depth. The source was contained and made to the middle point of a horseshoe shaped spa facility, the current day appearance of which resulted in the years 1823 - 1825 under King Wilhelm I.

You can watch my 3 min 11 sec HD Video Bad Boll HD out of my Youtube channel.

You can watch my high resolution photo of Bad Boll on the Google Earth according to the following coordinates 48° 38' 21.36" N 9° 37' 1.77" E or on my Google Earth Panoramio Bad Boll.

• Architecture
    • Spa and Resort

von Bad Boll kennel

by Kuznetsov_Sergey Updated Nov 19, 2011

Zarina fom Irin Hof at her Faterland

Favorite thing: Why we stayed in Bad Boll when SV BSZS was in Ulm (40 km from Bad Boll)?
    That is the question! The answer is simple!
    von Bad Boll is the famous kennel of German shepherds. The Word Champion 1998-99 (Sieger 1998-99) Rikkor von Bad Boll was a grandfather of our Aurum Aglis Vinika and a grandgrandgrandfather of our Zarina fom Irin Hof who was with us in this trip.
    That’s why we considered our visit to Bad Boll as the visit to Faterland of our dogs…

You can watch my 3 min 25 sec HD Video German shepherds Zharden and Zarina fom Irin Hof in Bad Boll area HD out of my Youtube channel.

PS: Ober von Bad Boll became the Sieger-2010 in the next 2010! And we saw him in Ulm and in Nurnberg!

• Travel with Pets

Instant Answers: Bad Boll

Comments

Bad Boll Favorites

Reviews and photos of Bad Boll favorites posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bad Boll sightseeing.