Böblingen Travel Guide

by Beograd
    Böblingen Schloßberg in the snow
    by orlikins
  • View of the
    View of the "Schlossberg"
    by sniem

Böblingen Things to Do

by orlikins Updated Apr 4, 2011

This is part of the Old Town, it is an old hill fortress and the rest of the town spreads out around it. The fortress dates back from the medieval ages.

Boeblingen Church on the Schlossberg

by orlikins Updated Apr 22, 2004

As you can see from the photo, there was very heavy snow when I was by the Upper Lake.

The two lakes seem to be seperated by a bridge or something, I'm not sure (it was freezing!)

Upper Lake, Boeblingen

Good for: Solo

• Hotel Reussenstein

Kalkofenstr. 20, Boblingen, Baden-Wurttemberg, 71032, Germany

• Hotel Wanner

Had a nice single en-suite room with cable TV and the usual mini-bar etc. It is one of the main...

• Hotel Monig

Good for: Families

Böblingen Restaurants

• Beograd's Profile Photo

by Beograd Written Apr 18, 2006

Recently, my husband and I have thought of a new "sport": exploring restaurant :) This time we went to a Thai restaurant and it was my first encounter with this type of food. Living in Serbia, eventhough in the capital, I have never had the opportunity to try thid type of food. And why would I when our national kitchen is just so PERFECT :)

On my great surprise, i loved this food. It was hot (even though in the menue it said "gourmet") but I loved every bite of it. Now, I am one of the people that are not to happy about fish (meaning: I don't like it) so my husband kept it from me that eventhough I ordered chicken, it is prepared with fish sauce. He told me that only when we got home after i have praised the food from Boeblingen to Unterhaugstett (some 25 minutes).

I also fell in love with the beautiful ambience of the restaurant. Unfortunately, I had only my phone with me so the pictures are not of the best quality. I promise to bring better pictures next time :)

Favorite Dish: What i would especially recommand is delicious ice-tea with milk.

Hours:
    Daily from 11,30-14,30 and 17,30-23,30h

by sniem Updated Sep 9, 2002

Orfeum - Böblingen Künstlerviertel
    Giovanni the owner not only is a great cook, but also sings like a god. So if your lucky and stay late (he has to finish cooking first) you can hear him sing some beautiful italian songs. Lots of Italians come here to sing caraoke til early in the morning.

Favorite Dish: So far I like everything I've tried on the menue. I love the Penne Arrabiata and the Pizza Bruschetta. Some people come for the Pizza and I know some americans who come here because they say he makes the best Steaks in town.

• Ask a Question

Got a question about Böblingen? Get an answer from our Location locals and frequent travelers

Böblingen Transportation

by orlikins Written Jan 17, 2004

Seeing as there are no direct flights between Dublin and Stuttgart, the next best flight destination is Frankfurt am Main and get the train & S-Bahn to Stuttgart and Boeblingen respectively.

Plane

by orlikins Written Jan 17, 2004

Boeblingen is on the S1 commuter train south-west from Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof. It takes about 25 mins from Stuttgart city centre to Boeblingen

German rail logo
    • Business Travel

Have you been to Böblingen? Write about Böblingen to help travelers.

Böblingen Off The Beaten Path

by orlikins Updated Jul 26, 2004

Boeblingen itself would be considered off the beaten path - you wouldnt really go there unless you had to.

This is the view of Boeblingen from my hotel room. The lakes are to the right and if you were to go up to the left, you would be in the Schlossberg.

Boeblingen

by sniem Written Feb 25, 2003

The Schönbuch nature park stretches from Böblingen to Tübingen. It used to be the game park of the former Kings of Württemberg. Nowadays people from the Stuttgart area go there for picnicing, biking, collecting mushrooms and watching deer and wild hogs. I'm lucky to work on the outskirts of it with a beautiful nature view.
    Here is a pic I took in October in the west the sun was shining and to the east it was heavily raining.

Beautiful fall foliage topped by a double rainbow
    • Cycling

• Böblingen Hotels

14 Hotels in Böblingen

Böblingen Favorites

by sniem Written Sep 9, 2002

Favorite thing: Böblingen has a beautiful thermal bath with several pools and a large sauna area. I especially like the outside pool, it's great to drift around in the warm water on a cold winter evening especially when there is fluffy snow falling on your head.

Fondest memory: My friends!

Instant Answers: Böblingen

Comments

Böblingen Travel Guide
Map of Böblingen