Bruchsal Restaurants

• VTers enjoy afternoon drinks and pastries
    VTers enjoy afternoon drinks and...
    My apple pie and coffee
    Cafe Konditorei Block

Best Rated Restaurants in Bruchsal

• Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Schlosscafe: Cafe in the Palace Courtyard

by Kathrin_E Written Jun 28, 2008

The most remarkable point about the Schlosscafé ist its convenient and pretty location in the palace's main courtyard. The food, however, is hardly average and the service is extremely slow.
    The Schlosscafé is run by the restaurant "Zum Bären" (see separate tip), which is a really good restaurant, so the poor quality of food in the Schlosscafé is astonishing. The Schlosscafé does not have a kitchen, all the food is brought over from the Bären, which takes l-o-n-g. While this is understandable, I've no idea why it takes them ages to deliver a simple coffee.

The Schlosscafé is ok for a drink and a piece of cake in a beautiful ambience after visiting the palace. You need time, though. If you are in a hurry because your tour bus or whoever is waiting, be warned.
    For lunch, better walk over to the Bären.

Schlosscaf��
    • Castles and Palaces

• Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

Zum Baeren: Pretty beer garden and good food

by Kathrin_E Written Jun 28, 2008

The restaurant "Zum Bären" (Bear) is the best place to eat that I know in town. (Ok I admit that the gastronomy in the town centre is rather scary.) It's a traditional place that offers local cuisine of good quality. Behind the house they have a pretty beer garden.

Zum B��ren Beer garden of the B��ren Zum B��ren Damianstor - the
    • Castles and Palaces

• suvanki's Profile Photo

Cafe Konditorei Block: Lovely pastries and chocolates

by suvanki Updated Jan 16, 2011

After visiting Bruchsal Palace and its Mechanical Musical Instrument Museum, Bernd_L led us all to this Konditorei for hot drinks and pastries.

It was a good choice - There was a wide selection of pastries, gateaux, tarts and cakes.

This cafe is well established in Bruchsal, and has a reputation for its high quality of products.

Apparently a Konditorei is a patisserie and confectionary shop, which is common in Germany and Austria. Konditoreis typically have a cafe and a large selection of pastries.

It is common for friends to meet in these places mid afternoon. They are becoming increasingly popular in the towns and cities of Germany and Austria.

The waitress was friendly and patient.....So much to chose from! I eventually selected a slice of apple tart, although the chocolate gateau was very tempting too!

As we were in a group, there is always the concern of 'The Bill'! Do we split it equally, or divide it individually down to the last cent? Well I learned that in Germany, it is common just to tell the waitress which items you ordered, and you are then presented with your individual bill- So much easier!

As I had been invited to tini58de's house, I chose some chocolates to take as a present. I was tempted to buy some for myself, but I was 'travelling light', and I already had a selection of chocolate gifts from other VTers

Favorite Dish: I enjoyed my apple cake and coffee - as you can see from my photo, it was packed with slices and chunks of apple. It was just the right balance of sweetness and sharpness, with a light pastry.

VTers enjoy afternoon drinks and pastries My apple pie and coffee Cafe Konditorei Block
    • Women's Travel

Instant Answers: Bruchsal

Comments

Bruchsal Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Bruchsal restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Bruchsal sightseeing.