At the right hand end of the Seilergang to the Hochwacht is the Dicker Turm, or Fat Tower, the large round tower on the hill. This construction was added to the Burg's defences in 1527.
This ministry with its clean, simple lines was built directly in the former city walls, and was first consecrated by Albertus Magnus in 1268. It can be found in the Marktplatz, to the west.
On the left of the Burg's wall overlooking the town is the Hochwacht, or High Sentry, a second, rectangular tower. The Hochwacht was added to the Burg's defences in 1578.
Enjoy also the wonderful old scenery behind the park... It's worth to have a walk there after sunbathing...