Göppingen Restaurants

• Carolin and Manuela with the coffee machine
    Carolin and Manuela with the coffee...
    The wonderful dessert
  • Restaurants

Most Recent Restaurants in Göppingen

San Valentino Eiscafe: Lunch in Bad Wimpfen

by rexvaughan Written Jun 8, 2013

As it was lunch time, we started looking for a place to eat. It was a Monday, there were very few people on the streets, and many places seemed to be closed. However, we did find what I later learned was mainly an ice cream and pizza place, but we went in and had a very pleasant light lunch. My wife had a “goulash soup” which was a spicy beef soup and I had a pizza salami. Very good and just what we needed as we had dinner reservations for the evening back in Goeppingen.

Rommentaler Burgstüble: Good Swabian cuisine

Family dinner

Our German cousins took us here for dinner because it is their favorite Swabian restaurant. I knew it would be good as soon as we walked in and saw that the family knew the owner very well. Her name was Manuela and she spoke very good English which she was glad to practice with us. Our young cousin works for a company which makes a lot of kitchen and restaurant products, so she and Manuela showed us the restaurant’s coffee machine which is one their products. We had what seems to me must be a typical Swabian dinner: pork with spaetzle and a nice salad. I asked for a dark beer and got a delicious one, though I cannot tell you much else about it. Then Manuela insisted we try one her special desserts – a wonderful creamy raspberry concoction which we greatly enjoyed.
    As we were guests, I don’t know the cost of the meal but feel it was moderate as this seems to be a favorite family destination for our German family.

Arche Noah (Noah’s Ark): Good Greek cuisine

by rexvaughan Written Jun 8, 2013

This little restaurant was actually just down the street a few blocks from our hotel, but we were picked up by some of our German cousins for a very nice dinner. The name does not give it away, but its cuisine is Greek. Once again, our family knew the owner and we were very warmly greeted. My wife had a gyro and I had suvlaki, both with Greek style potatoes and a nice salad. My wife had wine and I had another nice dark beer. We had ouzo to finish, of course.
    The food, ambience, service and friendly atmosphere made it a most pleasand evening. However, another great thing for us was that our young cousin’s boyfriend came along so we got to meet and visit with him. They are a most handsome and happy couple.
    As we were guests, I do not have any idea of the cost of the meal. However, I would guess that, being an obvious family favorite, it was of moderate price.

Hotel Hohenstafen Restaurant: Good local cuisine

by rexvaughan Written Jun 8, 2013

The restaurant seems to popular with locals as well as hotel guests, as we saw a number of people coming in after parking on the street. It is a charming place and the food has a definite local Swabian character and is excellent, so that is no surprise. We made reservations which I think would be advisable given the restaurant’s evident popularity.
    We had a lovely dinner starting with a glass of Reisling and the appetizer of marianated Norwegian salmon with horseradish cream and toasts. My wife had soup and turkey medallions with rice and veggies and I had a Swabian pork dish with spaetzle and a salad. We finished by sharing a dish of ice cream topped with hot raspberries and an espresso. The whole meal for both of us was about 65€.

Instant Answers: Göppingen

Comments

Göppingen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Göppingen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Göppingen sightseeing.