This church is locates in Marktplatz. It was built between 1344 and 1441 on the site of a previous Roman basilica. Around 1700 it was rebuilt after it had been set on fire by the French during the War of the Palatinian Succession. Catholics and Protestants used it at different times and sometimes even simultaneously. Today it is a Protestant church.
The odd thing about this church is that there are many souvenir shops and a restaurant joined to it.
Favorite thing: The 14th century HEILIGGEISTKIRCHE is located in the Marktplatz area on Hieliggeistrasse 17. The present Church is the third phase of the CHURCH OF THE HOLY SPIRIT. The construction lasted a total of almost one and a half centuries. In the course of its history it was used by both Catholics and Protestants, sometimes even simultaneously.
Favorite thing: Athe centre of the old town is the Holy Ghost church - Heiliggeistkirche. This is a rather large Gothic church built during the late 1300s. It is also the mausoleum for the Prince Elector Ruprecht III and his family. It is also serves as the ceremonial hall for the university.
Favorite thing: THere are so so many small shops that lined between the mighty Holy Ghost church. Apparently shops were around here since late 1400s.