Know about this? Rate It!
If you are there in the summer...
Favorite thing: If you are there in the summer time, you should go down to the Neckar-Wiesse. This is a grassy area on the banks of the Neckar river, just on the other side of Bismark Platz. It is the place to go and sunbathe, have a picnic and just soak up the atmosphere of the city and the people around you.
The Beautiful River
Favorite thing: The Neckar River means wild water or wild fellow. The River has been used for years for recreation as well as to transport supplies especially timber from the Black Forest.
The River is quite beautiful. We saw numerous cargo boats and recreational boaters on this cold day. The river has some beautiful houses to one side of the bank that have a picture poastcard quality to them. We enjoyed standing on the bridge and the river bank watching the beautiful flow of the river and the surrounding activity.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Heidelberg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Salvador da Bahia
- Paducah Hotels
- Sirhind Hotels
- Hoornse Meer Hotels
- Pulau Aceh Hotels
- Province of Newfoundland and Labrador Favorites
- Seychelles Favorites
- Pacific Coast Highway / Highway 1
- Nha Trang Favorites
- Toronto Favorites
- Puerto Princesa City Favorites
- West Los Angeles Favorites
- Atlantic City Favorites
- Myrtle Beach Favorites
- Torremolinos Favorites
- Vejer de la Frontera Favorites