Heidelberg Restaurants

by alectrevor
    by GracesTrips

Most Recent Restaurants in Heidelberg

• Roadquill's Profile Photo

El Coyote: Mexican in Heidelberg?

by Roadquill Written Apr 6, 2010

We found El Coyote on Haupstrase as we were first exploring Heidelberg. It was late afternoon and while we were hungry we did not want a large meal. El Coyote was perfect. We enjoyed some delicious pumpkin soup with roasted seed and chicken and mushrooms in a cream sauce over noodles. Plus a mandatory brew.

Favorite Dish: The pumpkin soup was very good, not too sweet with a hint of spicy pepper

Hackteufel: Great food and decor

by Roadquill Written Apr 6, 2010

Light fixtures of brass musical instruments, comfortable tables, a menu of solid German fare. I enjoyed a large sausage. Just up the street from the Old Bridge, it seemed like it was filled with locals.

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo

Vetter: Typical German

by Toshioohsako Written Mar 24, 2010

Very crowded and popular place. A lot of jolly guests and people to talk to. The food is heavy German food (meat, potato dishes) The restaurant serves its own beer of different kind. One really feels being in Germany.

Favorite Dish: local meat and potato dishes

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Zum Weissen Schwan Biermuseum: not exactly a beer museum anymore

by marielexoteria Updated Feb 1, 2010

Cozy beer museum

When I heard about a beer museum, my initial thought was "if they have Dominican beer, then I'll believe they are a beer museum", so we entered Zum Weissen Schwan and sat on our table. Then we found out that they stopped carrying international brands because it wasn't too profitable for them and instead they had several local and national beers.

With that said, we ordered some light food but no beer because we were going to the Glühwein meet and one of us had to drive hehe. The food we got was good and the place was cozy as well.

Favorite Dish: I had potato cakes with sausage and sauerkraut (I think), very yummy!

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Strohauer's café: great cake!

by marielexoteria Updated Feb 1, 2010

Yummy cup of hot cocoa

Andrea and I took a coffee break after walking around the University and seeing some of the stalls at the Christmas market on the pedestrian street. This is a rather cozy café where they serve light warm dishes, coffee, hot chocolate that looks too good to be drunk (hehe) and some cakes that are very good. One detail I liked is that they have several black and white pictures of old Heidelberg.

Favorite Dish: I had a glass of hot chocolate with a piece of a chocolate/strawberry cake.

Zum Franziskaner: Excellent winter meal

by Roadquill Written Dec 15, 2009

Goose dinner

There are a number of German restaurants on the main shopping street in old town Heidelberg. It turned out that the restaurant was featuring some seasonal specialities, including venison and goose. We tried both and they were very good. A very tasty and filling meal washed down with some local beer. Service was good. Very comfortable seating inside with a proper setting and nice antiques on the walls.

Favorite Dish: The goose with sweet cabbage was good.

Restorante Da Mario: Great Italian in downtown Heidelberg

by Roadquill Written Dec 14, 2009

We needed a break from all that great German food, so we opted for a local Italian place recommended by the Hotel staff. A short walk from Bismarckplatz and up on the second floor was Da Marco. Great food, good prices, a reasonable wine list and a great tiramisu to top things off.

• Wine Tasting

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Cafe Konditorei Knoesel: It's not easy to choose....

by Maryimelda Updated Oct 17, 2009

Don't go past it.....

If it's coffee and cake you are looking for whilst strolling around Heidelberg, you can't go past Cafe Konditorei Knoesel. The choices on offer are so amazing that you can only do the best you can in deciding which one you want. Good friendly service with a smile and I didn't feel it was too expensive. I think I paid 4.40 Euro for coffee and cake.

Favorite Dish: I settled on a tart filled with vanilla custard which I was extremely happy with as it was not too rich.

• Seniors

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Hotel Goldener Falke: Great food, great atmosphere....

by Maryimelda Written Oct 16, 2009

Restaurant interior....

This is an outdoor/indoor restaurant attached to the Hotel Goldener Falke on the Market Square. The outdoor area is very popular all day every day and the indoor area is well patronised too. I was staying at this hotel so it seemed the easy option to dine in this restaurant for dinner one night and lunch one day. The food is good German/Austrian fare and the portions are very generous. Prices won't break the bank either. The service is friendly and efficient. I can happily recommend this restaurant even if you aren't staying at the hotel.

Favorite Dish: I had a gorgonzola noodle dish for lunch with a garden salad. I could easily have done without the salad as the noodle dish was big. For dinner I had an old favourite of mine, Jaeger Scnitzel. This one was particularly good and better than any of the Jaeger Schnitzels I had at other places along my way.

• iammon's Profile Photo

Zum Güldenen Schaf: Historic Restaurant

by iammon Written Apr 4, 2009

This is a nice historic (since 1749) Restaurant in the heart of the old part of town. They have regional foods that have a mediterranean influence. In summer there is a nice Beer Garden.

Favorite Dish: Satansbraten was really yummy!

• lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Ristorante Da Mario: Aubergine Parmigiana

by lifeisatrip Updated Dec 30, 2008

The dining room

Everytime we had dined there, never once were we failed; the food was always delicious.

Favorite Dish: Eggplant parmesan (Aubergine Parmigiana) is my favorite. It comes so tasty and moist. The cheese is just the right amount. Yum-yum.

• lifeisatrip's Profile Photo

Restaurante Y Bodega Española: Not just another Spanish restaurant!

by lifeisatrip Updated Oct 28, 2008

Steak and seafood

Bodega is tucked among the houses in Rorhbach, right next to Lindenbiergarten. The outdoor dining (summertime only) does not require reservation, but for the indoor dining, reservation is highly recommended. It stays busy; tables fill up quickly after they open at 6:00 p.m. Closed on Sundays.

The food is delicious! Good tapas. They have more fish dishes on their menu, more than the other restaurants I have been. They also serve steaks and other dishes besides seafood. Main entrees are served with green vinaigrette salad.

Favorite Dish: Grilled calamari! This is another one to die for, melt-in-your-mouth dish!

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Cafe Alt Heidelberg: Traditional coffee House

by nhcram Written Sep 28, 2008

Chris, Andrea and Bernd enjoying a cup of coffee

My second trip to Heidelberg was with Bernd, Andrea and Chris. We began with a coffee (hot chocolate in my case) and some beautiful cakes. Andrea recommended this place to us explaining that she used to come here many years ago when she worked in the city.
    The place is old and very traditional in its' style.
    The service was excellent and the cakes and hot chocolate delicious!
    Thoroughly recommend.
    For the people the bill came to 24 Euro. We all had a hot drink and cakes.

Favorite Dish: We all had different cakes but the one that I enjoyed the most was the one Chris had. A traditional apple strudel with cream. It was excellent.

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Cafe Konditorei Knosel: Coffee break

by nhcram Written Sep 28, 2008

Iced chocolate and strawberry cake.

After walking for ages Ingrid and I decided we needed a coffee break so sat outside this delightful coffee house. I couldn't make my mind up which cake to have so left the choice to the waitress. Out came this scrummy strawberry and cream cake. I was not disappointed!
    The shop inside also has a seating area but as the weather was in our favour we stayed in the sunshine.

Favorite Dish: I took the iced chocolate and strawberry cake and it certainly filled a gap.

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo

Restaurant Auerstein: A great taste of German and Italian food

by Cristian_Uluru Updated Sep 1, 2008

Restaurant Auerstein

Restaurant Auerstein is located on the ground floor of Auerstein Hotel & Restaurant. Here you can taste delicious dishes with an Italian touch. The atmosphere and the staff is very friendly with good jazz music as foundation. The restaurant offers a good selection of German and Italian wine. During the summer season you can eat in the nice garden table. Enjoy your meal!!!

Favorite Dish: Restaurant Auerstein offers very good German dishes with a touch of Italian style. As started I can suggest to try the soup of the day (changes every day) or the delicious tomato soup. As main dish I tasted very good Schweinefilet: pig filet on a bed of rice with tomato souce and grilled vegetables. Another good dish is the Rumpsteak: beef steak with salad, balsamic vinegar and mais.
    As dessert you must try the fantastic Beerentarte (fruit cake) or the delicious ice cream of the house (vanilia and cocoa).
    As drink you must try the local beer!

• Wine Tasting

Instant Answers: Heidelberg

Comments

Heidelberg Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Heidelberg restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Heidelberg sightseeing.