Been here? Rate It!
Take a stroll down Main...
Take a stroll down Main street, passed a ton of shops, maybe you'll pick up a pastry at one of the many bakeries, or what about a ever popular laugenbrezel! Then go into the bubble-butted church that sits in the center of the town square. It's the finest of the surviving buildings in the Altstadt. All of which are grouped on Marktplatz, in the middle of which is the red sandstone Heiliggeistkirche (mentioned above), whose domed tower is one of the city's most prominent landmarks. There are tiny shopping booths between its buttresses, a feature ever since the church was built. Inside, it's light, airy and uncluttered, but was not always so, as the church was built to house the mausoleum of the Palatinate Electors; only one tomb remains.
We went up the tower of the...
We went up the tower of the Church of Holy Spirit when we were visiting Heidelberg. It was fun and the view was fantastic as well. From there, you can have an excellent view of the castle and the Old Bridge.
Modern themed stained glass
The church isn't so ornate and the atmosphere a bit light, but it was very interesting to see important events from the 20th century depicted in the stained glass.
- Budget Travel
- Religious Travel
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save up to 50% off Hotels Everyday
- Expedia.com Photos, Reviews and the Guaranteed Lowest Prices
Heidelberg Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Zichron Yaakov
- Perumalmalai Hotels
- Hammond Hotels
- Yoho National Park Hotels
- Province of Ilocos Norte Hotels
- Eastbourne Things to Do
- New Brunswick Things to Do
- Monument Valley State Park Things to Do
- Royal Leamington Spa Things to Do
- Titisee Things to Do
- Canmore Things to Do
- Damnoen Saduak Floating Market
- Limone sul Garda Things to Do
- Port Clinton Things to Do
- Burgos Things to Do
- Estoril Things to Do
- Ko Lanta Things to Do