Alte Bank, Karlsruhe

Herrenstrasse 30

part of interior with balcony
    pork medaillons with Spaetzle and salad
    outside view
  • yumyum's Profile Photo

Alte Bank

by yumyum Updated Dec 13, 2011

pork medaillons with Spaetzle and salad

We came here twice with a group of VTers for the main dinner at a "Gluehwein" meeting. Both times (2009 and 2011) I was satisfied with the food which I liked. Service was friendly and of course not all the meals were served at the same time as this is difficult with 17 people.

I like the interior of the old bank with its high ceiling and the lustres.

On our first visit we were seated on the balcony part. Up there it got quite loud as all the noise of all the guests came up. This time we had a very long table almost from the bar to the entrance door. The seats near the entrance door were not very pleasant in this cold December weather as the door constantly opened and there is no double door nor a curtain. So some of us were actually freezing. Since we were there on a Saturday night and the entrance is also the entrance to the Kammer Theatre there was a lot of coming and going.

Favorite Dish: I opted for the 4 pork medaillons with Spaetzle on a sauce and a side salad which cost Euro 12.90. The sauce/meat were a little on the salty side but otherwise I was happy with my food.

• marielexoteria's Profile Photo

Alte Bank: where the Glühwein meet attendees had dinner

by marielexoteria Updated Feb 5, 2010

Alte Bank was the place that hosted our VT meet dinner. It's located on a building that used to be a bank. The food was good and affordable.

As with any other VT meet (big or small), we had a good time talking to old and new friends and having fun in general.

Favorite Dish: I had a pork schnitzel, too big of a portion for me, with fries, salad and wine.

Instant Answers: Karlsruhe