Lehner's Wirtshaus, Karlsruhe

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo

Lehner's Wirthaus: Great meeting Place: Lehner's

by pieter_jan_v Updated Jul 15, 2013

VT-ers at Lehner's terras

Lehner's Wirthaus is the Karlsruhe branch of more Lehner's; the other branches are at, Bielefeld, Hannover, Heilbronn München, Pforzheim and Rastatt.

The Wirthaus is located at a triangle shaped square with its own terrace.
    The inside is like a grand café with a high ceiling and basement facilities.

The place is great for just a drink or a drink with a great lunch or meal.

Business hours:
    Mo-Th 11AM - 1AM
    Fr-Sa: 10AM - 1AM
    Su: 11AM - 1AM

Favorite Dish: Riezen Braten.

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• DAO's Profile Photo

WHEN WILL I GET MY FOOD ?

by DAO Updated Dec 7, 2012

SHOCKING !!!!

A lot, and I mean a lot, of VT’ers have eaten here and been very satisfied.. The day I tried it I sat beside a VT Member who waited 45 minutes to get the wrong order! She ate what they gave her because she was afraid it would take another 45 minutes! Me? I ordered lunch on Sunday 1 June, 2008. How long have I been waiting now?

I think they forgot about me!

There are better restaurants in town. This is a great place to meet and have an outdoor drink to be fair.

• nhcram's Profile Photo

Lehners: Popular Eating Place in the Centre of the City

by nhcram Updated Dec 14, 2008

Flaumkuchen

Lehners was a very popular place to meet during the VT Euro meet this year. Its location and also the reasonably priced food were a bonus. The other good thing was that there were many places to eat outside. The service was quick and very good. I have no idea how those waitresses kept an eye on everything. We returned here for a much smaller VT meeting in November at the end of the Gluhwein meet. Tired and hungry after a day visiting small villages near Karlsruhe we came here to eat. The place was so different this time. Not busy at all as it was a Sunday evening. The service again was excellent and the food just as good as I remembered from May.

Favorite Dish: In May my favourite dish was Florentina Bauernpfanne which is Pork with potatoes and bacon.
    At the next meeting I had the Flaumkuchen which is best described as a very, very thin pizza with a topping of bacon onions and soured cream. Both were very good and I would thoroughly recomend both.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo

LEHNER'S WIRTHAUS: IN THE LUDWIGSPLATZ

by LoriPori Updated Jun 17, 2008

Lehner's Wirthaus

The meeting spot for two VT meetings, LEHNER'S WIRTHAUS is located in the popular Ludwigsplatz.
    On Thursday's pre VT mini-meet, it was the first time Hans and I got to see everyone. It was so fantastic. Lots of hugging and kissing going on. Little Emily (PrincessEmily) came running over to me to give me a great big hug. It was so fantastic - just like a family reunion.
    Since Hans and I had already eaten (the meeting began at 8:00 p.m. , we just had something to drink. Many others had dinner here and the food looked fabulous. The wait staff were quick, efficient and friendly.
    Sunday morning brunch was held here too. Hans and I had coffees with a little dessert, since we already had a lovely breakfast at our Hotel. Also, as it was the final day of the VT meet , it was time to say good-bye to many of our friends.

Lehner's Wirthaus is open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m.

• toonsarah's Profile Photo

Lehner’s Wirtshaus: VT Party number three!

by toonsarah Updated Jun 16, 2008

Sunday morning at Lehner���s Wirtshaus

A sunny Sunday morning brought a crowd of VT-ers to this pleasant café in a square just south of Europaplatz. The formula was casual and informal, with early risers like me arriving soon after 10.00, and others drifting along at various times during the morning. This relaxed setting was perfect for the event, though I don’t know what the few non VT-ers made of our behaviour – rushing around greeting each other, taking loads of photos of each other and of our food in true VT style, and lots of goodbye hugs and kisses as each person’s departure drew near.

The café offers a large menu, with a separate breakfast one that many took advantage of. I’d already had breakfast at my hotel, so at first just had a large orange juice, but I noted some very appetising platefuls arriving – omelettes, breakfast platters and so on.

The staff coped pretty well with the invasion, given that we must have been a far bigger group than they are used to on a Sunday morning. Service was a bit slow perhaps, but they were very happy to let us sit for hours, even if not all of us ordered a great deal, and they were trusting too – I wasn’t asked to pay for my juice until much later in the morning. Or maybe they were just so casual they forgot I’d had it?

Favorite Dish: Later I ordered a lunch, which proved delicious. I chose one of the regional specialities, a “Florentiner Bauernpfanne”, which was a pan filled with potato, onions, spinach, tomatoes and cheese, all grilled together. This cost €8.70, which I thought was very reasonable. I washed it down with a small beer – a perfect end to my Karlsruhe stay.

• Hikerpark's Profile Photo

Lehner's Wirthaus: Great Service and Great Food

by Hikerpark Written Jun 9, 2008

Littlesam1 and Myfanwe at Lehner's - Our last day

The staff at Lehner's was quite accomodating for our lively bunch! They could not have been more patient or friendly. The beer was excellent and you never waited long for food no matter how busy it was. The spaetzle and the pasta dishes were delicious. Portions are more than enough. All the food was very fresh as well.

• Singles
    • Castles and Palaces

• leics's Profile Photo

Lehners Wirsthaus: Really friendly place

by leics Updated Jun 8, 2008

Florentiner something-or-other

I'd have liked this place anyway, I think, even if they hadn't coped so brilliantly well with a sudden influx of 30+ VT-ers of all nationalities on Thursday evening.

The staff were organised, courteous and friendly. The beer is extremely drinkable (especially the Weissebier), and the food was most enjoyable (and reasonably priced).

I had the Florentiner something-or-other (have forgotten) in the main photo: potatoes & veggies & cheese, and very, very nice. Jim-next-door to me had steak and jacket potato (also pictured): his steak was very good indeed (I tasted a bit).

And I know that those VT-ers who met there for Sunday breakfast were impressed by the Fruhstuckermenu.

So a definite 'must-go-there' if you are in Karlsruhe, in my opinion. Lots of tables outside in buzzy Ludwigsplatz, but the inside looked good too.

• Seniors
    • Singles

• sourbugger's Profile Photo

Lehner's: Now I'm happy

by sourbugger Written Jun 4, 2008

This was the venue for the 'farewell' to the Euromeet 2008.

What a great choice of location.

I had the 7 euro 50 breakfast. It featured a veritable mountain of cheeses, jams, meats, breads and still warm croissants. I dread to think how much food the 11 euro 50 one would have contained.

Sitting out on the square of the Ludwigplatz, it would be difficult to think of a more convivial place to while a few hours of a Sunday Morning.

Service was swift (unlike that cafe in Speyer with the useless waitress - see seperate tip) considering the fact that they had seventy people all arrive at the same time demanding breakfast.

P.S thanks to Ekaterinburg for stepping into the breach so that I could really enjoy my brekkie ! (see below)

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Lehner's Wirthaus: Saying goodbye with Eiskaffee and Apfelkuchen

by ATLC Written Jun 3, 2008

Lehners Wirthaus in Karlsruhe

At the VT meeting (Euromeet 2008) we met here a few times. Also on the last morning before going home again. As I had had no opportunity for a good piece of pie and iced coffee, I decided this was my last chance.
    Wow, did it taste good.

During the time we spent at Lehner's I saw plenty of food coming by and it all looked good. Additionally, they have a menu in English and the staff speaks English too.

Seeing the website, it seems it is a chain. There are other Lehner's in Bienefeld, Hannover, Heilbronn, München, Pforzer, Rastatt.

Favorite Dish: The iced coffee (coffee, ice-cream and whipped cream), accompanied by a good piece of apple pie, was something I had been looking forward to all morning. It was a great foodie way to end a brilliant weekend !

• catnl's Profile Photo

Lehner's Wirthaus: Lehner's Wirthaus

by catnl Updated Jun 2, 2008

Karlsruhe Lehners Wuirthaus June 2008

Has some great Eiskaffee hier and ofcourse German Beer, the large size:-)
    Was here during the meeting 2008 with a lot of VT members.
    They have terraces but during the week you have to go inside after 23hrs.! thats really pity

• Beer Tasting
    • Wine Tasting

• cjg1's Profile Photo

Lehner's Wirtshaus: Good dinner with VT friends

by cjg1 Updated Feb 17, 2008

February 9, 2008.  Pic from tini58de.

This was the site of my first ever Karlsruhe VT meeting. We all met up here and had a table for six that fit our group perfectly. Such a pleasure meeting all four of you.

Favorite Dish: I had a pilsner and this wonderful onion and potato dish with a slab of beef. I really enjoyed the mixture of flavors involved.

• dila's Profile Photo

Lehner s wirthaus: nice salade

by dila Written Jun 6, 2008

took the mediterian salade. salade with shrimps on stick about 10 euro
    forgot to take picture of the salade

Instant Answers: Karlsruhe

Comments

Hotels Near Lehner's Wirtshaus
3.5 out of 5 stars