Been here? Rate It!
On the site of a former abbey which dated back to mediaval times Margrave Karl II had a palace built in 1553. Under his son, Margrave Ernst Friedrich it was transformed into a summer residence and hunting "lodge" in the Renaissance style.
For a short period during the 30 years war it was an abbey again, before it went back into the Margrave's property.
From 1818 til the end of WW2 the building served several purposes (military barracks, a tenement block, a police school and again a military barrack).
After being completely destroyed in WW2 the building remained as a ruin for a long time. In 1978 it was decided to rebuild and since 1989 it is home of a music college.
- Book now for big savings!
- Hotels.com Outstanding choice of hotels all over the world at fantastic prices.
- Save money, Book now!
- Booking.com Excellent choice, Low rates
Karlsruhe Travel Guide
Explore the World
- Dominican Republic
- Muscat Hotels
- Bogotá Hotels
- La Línea de la Concepción
- Boralesgamuwa Hotels
- Punta Cana
- Fort Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge Hotels