South part of Karlsruhe.It was founded in the 1806.First train station was built there in the 1847. The famous US historical person Buffalo Bill visited Südstadt between April 23 – 26, 1891. He was traveling around Europe with his cowboy and Indians show Wild West. Südstadt is located east from the Karlsruhe Zoo.
This building is home of Karlsruhes mayor and administration. It was build by Karlsruhes most important architect Friedrich Weinbrenner between 1805 and 1825 and replaced an older town hall which had become to small for the growing citys needs.
The fountain in front of it shows a statue of Grand Duke Ludwig who reigned Karlsruhe at that time.