Baden-Airport, Karlsruhe

Know about this? Rate It!

Karlsruhe/Baden Airport
    by suvanki
  • suvanki's Profile Photo

London Stansted Airport to Karlsruhe/BadenBaden

by suvanki Written Mar 12, 2011

Karlsruhe/Baden Airport

Unfortunately, there are no direct flights from the North of England to Karlsruhe, so I had to catch a train from Sheffield to London Paddington (which was on time, but 20 minutes into the journey, hit a problem with signals, which meant I was late arriving into London), then schlep it to Underground, to catch tube to Baker Street, for the Easybus to Stansted Airport. (Tip on this to follow)
    Missed my planned bus due to train delay, managed to blag a seat on later bus, but then got caught in rush hour traffic/M25/Accident..got to Stansted by the skin of my teeth, only to find horrendous queues at security...Somehow I managed to catch my plane
    Surprisingly, this arrived 30 minutes early... as I had hand luggage only, was straight through security etc..only to find I'd just missed a bus to Baden station, which meant an hours wait in the airport.....I was thirsty and hungry, but the cafe was closed..
    Eventually I got the bus to Baden Train Station...which was another nightmare.... see my next tip...

Well, I was chuffed (Pleased) that I'd got a return flight for less than £40 Stansted to Karlsruhe/Baden Baden, and a bargain train/bus fare, but on my return, the flight landed too late to allow me to travel back to Sheffield by train that night, so I ended up staying overnight (I chose a cheap hostel near Kings Cross to cut costs).
    My original plan had been to fly from East Midlands to Berlin, then travel to Karlsruhe by train, coach, or even fly, but the flight was fairly expensive...in hind sight, I wish I'd gone down this route...

• Bernd_L's Profile Photo

Baden-Airport

by Bernd_L Updated May 10, 2006

It's only a small regional airport. But its advantage is the daily connections with Ryanair from London-Stansted, Barcelona / Girona, Rome, Dublin and Pisa as well as daily connections with dba to Berlin.

It's located about 40 km south of Karlsruhe near the city of Baden-Baden.

The airport is connected by local busses with the train-station in Baden-Baden. And there are the busses of Baden-Airpark-Express that are co-ordinating the departure and arrival of the Ryanair- and dba-flights.

Instant Answers: Karlsruhe