Ladenburg Warnings and Dangers

Most Recent Warnings and Dangers in Ladenburg

• Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

No High Heels Please

by Kathrin_E Updated Jun 14, 2009

The streets of Ladenburg's old town are cobblestone, mostly original old, uneven cobblestone. In other words: high heels are a no-no unless you want to break either your shoes or your ankle or both at all costs. Wear comfortable flat shoes.

In case you arrive by bicycle, park and lock your bike somewhere on the edge of the old town and continue on foot. Rattling over the cobblestones is no fun. Even less on rainy days, wet cobblestone gets slippery.

• Women's Travel
    • Cycling
    • Hiking and Walking

• christine.j's Profile Photo

Make sure you catch the right train

by christine.j Updated Sep 27, 2007

I like taking trains and I've done this very often, right from when I had to take the train to get to school many years ago. Once, as a school kid, I got into the wrong train, too much talking with friends and not paying enough attention. But this was the only time for me, until this week.
    I had taken a group to Ladenburg and we were waiting on the platform for the train back to Mannheim. There is no schedule available there and there is no loudspeaker as this is an unmanned station. But no problem, I had done this many times before and I know the schedule by heart.
    We were going to take the 13:28 to Mannheim. At 13:27 a train pulled into the station, its sign on the front said "Mannheim/Heidelberg. It was only when the train had been well on its way I realized we were going to Heidelberg!
    Later I found out what had happened: There is a train to Heidelberg at 13:23, leaving from the same platform. This train was four minutes late and so I thought it was the Mannheim one.
    For us it was not too bad, as there are lots of trains between Heidelberg and Mannheim, we only were 15 minutes late. But this can be quite a problem if you're trying to catch a connecting train.
    I think it's a good idea when catching a train in Ladenburg or any other sleepy town with an unmanned station to ask people already in the train if it is the one that you want to take.

• Trains

Instant Answers: Ladenburg

Comments

Ladenburg Warnings and Dangers

Reviews and photos of Ladenburg warnings and dangers posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Ladenburg sightseeing.