Mühlhausen Restaurants

• German
    German "Vesperplatte"
    Italian food in Muehlhausen, Kraichgau
    by JessH
  • Kraichgaustube Muehlhausen (from website)
    Kraichgaustube Muehlhausen (from...

Most Recent Restaurants in Mühlhausen

• JessH's Profile Photo

RISTORANTE DI GIOVANNI ("Capri"): Italian Food in Muehlhausen

by JessH Updated Aug 8, 2007

Italian food in Muehlhausen, Kraichgau

Giovanni's family have been in our village for many years and everyone knows him. When Germany won the UEFA world cup (in Italy) in 1990, he celebrated with us nonetheless. When Italy won, we celebrated with him... no hard feelings at all. I used to go to school with his son Vincenzo. He's simply part of our small community.

This restaurant is well-known in our village, and has managed to maintain the same standard time and time again. I remember running here after school, craving for that freshly made ice cream to cool-down in summer. And in winter, a steaming-hot plate of paste or a large crispy pizza always hit the spot!

One of the restaurant's quirky "attractions" (I will have to check during my next visit if it's still there) was a large fish tank filled with piranhas. We neighbourhood children would stop-by on weekend afternoons and watch the "feeding frenzy" as Giovanni dropped a piece of steak or a whole chicken into the tank... as kids we thought this was waaaay cool! ;-)

Favorite Dish: This is not the best Italian food you will ever eat, but it is by far not the worst either. The menu is a little bit unimaginative, but quality and presentation and consistently good and tasty. Try the Pizzas and their really nice, large mixed salads. They also produce their own fresh "Gelati" (ice cream), just as any Italian gastronomic family should.
    Prices are reasonable, staff is a bit "moody" (but isn't that a famous Italian personality trait anyway?) and I really like coming here.

• Study Abroad

• JessH's Profile Photo

KRAICHGAUSTUBE: A real German village pub & restaurant

by JessH Written Aug 6, 2007

Kraichgaustube Muehlhausen (from website)

Given the fact that you are in our little village, I assume you would also like to try some local specialities? For many years, the "Kraichgaustube" has been a family-owned restaurants and guesthouse (4 rooms) serving seasonal German specialities. My family used to come here quite often on special occasions, as they also have outdoor seating facilities and a large functions room. I spent many evenings and weekends here & have childhood memories of dark wooden benches, loud music and laughter, aromatic steaming food and friendly hosts.

The dishes served here aren't what I would call the "world-class", but they are still truly tasty home cooked meals, with traditional ingredients and served with a side-helping of informal & hospitable service.

Favorite Dish: Prices are balanced & reasonable. I recommend the (typically German) LARGE mixed salads (6,20 EUR), the seasonal grilled sweet-water fish (pikeperch, trout, etc. 14 EUR)) and if you're a carnivore you'll be pleased to see the famous pork Schnitzel (8,80 EUR) on the menu, as well as a traditional "Vesper Platte" (wooden board loaded with various meats & cheeses; 7 EUR). The menu also offers some nice vegetarian options.

The owner also owns a vineyard, and his wines are available for consumption and retail.

Opening Hours:
    Tuesday - Saturday: 05:00pm - midnight.
    Sunday & Public Holidays: 09:30am - midnight.
    Closed on Mondays.
    (Dogs are welcome)

• Seniors

Instant Answers: Mühlhausen

Comments

Mühlhausen Restaurants

Reviews and photos of Mühlhausen restaurants posted by real travelers and locals. The best tips for Mühlhausen sightseeing.